Sign - Keishin Ukai

Comenzar desde el principio

"Keep it, it looks better on you," Keishin said, earning a rising blush from you.

"Thanks. See you tomorrow?" You asked hopefully, causing Ukai's heart to skip a beat.

"Yeah. See ya."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

   Ever since that day, you two would meet up in the morning and would walk with each other to his shop where you waved him off. You two went on a couple more dates before making it official.

"Y/N! What are you doing here so early?" Keishin asked, watching you walk in his store. You grinned, seeing him quickly stand up from his slouching position.

"I miss you, plus I got brought you some lunch so you don't complain about those sandwiches you always eat," You said with a hint of laughter, pulled Keishin in for a quick kiss and showing him the bag of food you had brought with you.

"Thanks, love." Keishin grinned, seeing your cheeks heat up from the name. You sat in the chair next to his, resting your legs over his as you two ate lunch together. There wasn't anyone at the store currently since it was lunchtime and you two enjoyed each other company while eating the food you brought.

"See you after work, babe," You said, sharing a kiss with Keishin before pulling back to return to your job.

"Bye, Y/N."

   Time passed as you walked towards the Sakanoshita Store, seeing Keishin currently smoking a cigarette.

"You know that's not good for you." You poked Keishin's cheeks, causing him to quietly laugh at you.

"Yeah, I know," He answered, taking another huff of the drug.

   You narrowed your eyes at the blonde, snatching the cig out of his hands.

"Hey!"

"Hello," You said cheekily, earning a groan with a mix of a laugh from Keishin.

"Stop being so cute and give it back." Keishin held out his hand for the cigarette as he raised an eyebrow at you.

"Nope, but I'll take the compliment." You grinned, putting out the flame on the cig by pressing it against a nearby ashtray and then throwing it away. Keishin pulled out his pack, about to pull out another one when you snatched the pack from him.

"Y/N!" Keishin whined, making you laugh.

"Keishin!" You mocked, laughing as Ukai playfully pushed your shoulder.

"Give it back!"

   You thought about how incredibly childish he was acting towards the pack of cigarettes.

"Nope. Starting today, I'm gonna make you stop," You said, throwing the pack of cigarettes into the trash can. Keishin looked at you in surprise and then at the trash can and then back at you.

"But Y/N-"

"No buts. How about this, if you can make it a month without smoking, we can move in together, alright?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Really?!?"

   Just with that motivation, Keishin managed to stop smoking with your help.

"You know what that means." Keishin grinned, pulling you a bit closer by your waist. You laughed a bit, remembering your statement from before.

"Of course."

   You two went house shopping and picked one that fit both of your tastes.

"Welcome home!"

   You laughed a bit as Keishin was carrying you bridal style into your new home. He let you down as you two looked around in awe.

"God, I love you so much," You mumbled a bit, pulling Keishin down into a kiss as he was quick to kiss back.

"Love you too."

   You and Keishin were walking together to his shop, seeing the same sign the both of you bumped into a couple of years ago.

"Remember that sign? I can almost remember the exact pain I felt running into it," You joked, earning a laugh from Ukai. He nodded as the two of you looked at the sign, it was a bit old and rustier than before, but that was to be expected.

"All of this started with that sign. And speaking of the sign, Y/N?"

"Hmm?" You hummed before looking over to your boyfriend, your eyes widening at the sight. Keishin was on one knee, an opened scarlet box that revealed a beautiful ring in his hands.

"K-Keishin?"

   Your hands went up to cover your mouth as happy tears pricked at the side of your eyes.

"Ever since that day many years before, I've fallen in love with you and feel incredibly lucky to have you by my side. You make me the happiest I've ever been so will you do the honors and marry me?" 

   You let out a noise of happiness as you nodded, throwing your arms around your fiance.

"Yes!"

   Both of you shared a kiss full of love and adoration as you pulled away and Keishin slid the ring onto your finger.

"You're so cheesy, proposing where we first met. I love you so much." Keishin laughed a bit, cupping your cheek as he stared at you with pure love.

"I mean, how could I not?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Couch Ukai, why do you seem so happy today?"

   You stopped before entering the gym, standing off to the side to hide from anyone's sight. It was the next day and you were going to drop by the gym, but stopped, wanting to hear his response.

"E-Eh? W-What do you mean?"

   You stifled in a laugh as you heard your fiance's breath hitch a bit as he stuttered.

"Yeah, ever since you walked in here, you seemed in an exceptionally good mood. Even yesterday you seemed a bit nervous, what happened?" You heard a voice from one of the players.

Oh? He was nervous? That's good to know.

"W-What? Um, nothing happened," Keishin obviously lied, even the player could tell.

"Come on, you can tell us! We promise not to tell anyone, right guys?" You heard some murmurs of agreement as you heard Keishin sigh.

"Fine. It's just, I uh proposed to the most beautiful girl yesterday and well, she said yes-"

   Before he could even finish his sentence, you heard gasp and squeals of excitement.

"You were dating?!? And you proposed?!?"

   You quietly laughed to yourself, imagining your soon-to-be husband's red face.

"And you didn't tell us? No wonder you didn't notice us drawing on the windows."

"You did what?"

   You laughed, finally going out of your hiding spot to see Keishin's red face.

Just as I imagined it.

"Nervous, huh?"

   Everyone's attention was onto you as you walked in, a smile and a look of shock onto Keishin's face.

"Y/N! What are you doing here?" Keishin seemed a bit nervous as he looked at you and then at the curious volleyball players.

"Did you hear everything?" He asked, earning a little laugh as you grinned and nodded.

"Oh, is this who you proposed to? Yeah, I don't blame you she is- ow!"

"Baka! You're not supposed to say that!"

   You quietly laughed, taking a glance at Keishin who ignored the two. You walked next to him, his arm going around your waist.

"So these are the kids you keep on complaining about?"

"Wait, what?"