𝖝𝖝

"CHANGE IS PAINFUL, BUT NOTHING IS AS PAINFUL AS STAYING STUCK SOMEWHERE YOU DON'T BELONG"

🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻

Third Pov.

FLASH-FORWARD-- THREE YEARS FROM NOW, NEW ORLEANS, LOUSIANA, 2016

Adeline, looking tired, has just led Hayden and Henrik into ST. James Infirmary. Leaving the other kids in the car with Ana, Maddy, Damien, and Dominic. "All right, boys. Do you know what this is? It's a bar. And this is the last time you're going to be in one of these until you are twenty-one..." she says.

Just then, a waitress comes into the main room. "Sorry, we're closed, and..." She finally gets a good look at Adeline and her five-year-old twins and scoffs in disgust. "I don't think so," she says. "We're not staying. We just got here, and... then I realized, I didn't know where the person I'm looking for lived," she tells the waitress. The waitress is not paying much attention.

"Klaus Mikaelson," tells Adeline. She looks at Adeline, both exasperated and slightly sympathetic. "Honey, hate to say this, but you wasted a trip," the waitress tells her. "Look... I know he comes here, okay? My name is Adeline Targaryen. He'll know me," says Adeline. "I don't care who you are. Klaus Mikaelson is gone," the waitress says. "Gone? Gone where?" she asks. "I mean, no one has seen or heard from that man in... three years," she answers. The waitress goes back to work, leaving Adeline shocked as she tries not to look concerned as she smiles down at her sons.

PRESENT DAY-- WHITMORE COLLEGE MEDICAL CENTER

Alaric has just walked into Adeline's hospital room with two diaper bags slung over his shoulder. Adeline smiles at Alaric as he walks towards her. "Mmm, must be time for another check," she says with a chuckle, but Alaric looks serious, which concerns her.

"I wanted to talk about something. I- there's something I need to talk about..." says Alaric. Adeline looks worried. "What's going on?" she asks. "I'm moving to Dallas. I'm leaving today," he says, Adeline gasps in shock. "What? No, Ric, you still need a house, and a nanny, and the right school district..." she says. "I don't care. After I saw their little faces yesterday, everything changed," explains Alaric.

"Is this about the psycho huntress? Because you can rest assured that she is very far away from here, persuing my equally far away boyfriend," she says. Alaric let's out a sigh. "No, it's not about her, okay? It's about Jo... and the promise I made her leave town we got married. And we know how that turned out, okay? So, I'm not making that mistake twice. And certainly not with my kids" he says.

"Do you know how hard it is to travel with one newborn, let alone two? Two-car seats, two feeding schedules, crying in surround-sound, not to mention the driving part," states Adeline. "I know. And I am stopping every ninety minutes. I get it. Which is why I've hired a nurse to come with me," says Alaric. "A nurse? Who? Frankie with the heart murmur? Or Jarica, the perpetual boyfriend-texter?" she asks.

"...Jarica," answered Alaric. Adeline scoffs at his answer. "Come on!" she says. "Do you have a better idea?" he asks. "Me! I'm the better idea," she answers. "Uhh, but you just... got through major surgery. You just had a C-section," he explains. "And I'm healed up. That is the one and the only perk of a tribrid pregnancy. I can either sit here, alone, freaking out my boyfriend is somewhere in this country trying to outrun a huntress that will stop at nothing to kill him, or I can be useful and help you. It's up to you" she says.