𝖎𝖛

Death is not the greatest loss in life

The greatest loss is what dies

inside us, while we live

Loss is something I was familiar with. The loss of a loved one, the loss of a friend, the loss someone you know... it doesn't matter if you got along well, if you knew them well enough or just enough to miss them, it hurts all the same. Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not going to make for the fact that the only thing you have left is a hole in your life where that somebody you cared about used to be. (I love this quote from Damon Salvatore).

The year 1900 (Let's pretend that that was when Diana was created). Third pov.

Diana was running away from something, better yet from someone. "Hello, Diana," said someone. "Hello, Diana," said another woman. "Hello" answered Diana.  "Diana!... Diana!" yelled Diana's tutor. "Come back!" she yelled once again. She kept running until she reached the training area from the amazons. In the distance, you could hear someone giving compliments in the training space. "How is she?" asked the commander. "She's good" someone replied. "Keep working," said the commander. "I will" answered the woman once again." Diana!" the tutor yelled once again. Diana started running once again trying to get away from her tutor. "Where are you going?" asked a woman. "Slow down!" she said. Diana jumps from a flip of stairs but Adeline caught her by her hand, Diana looks up to see who caught her and sees it's her mother and she smiles. "Hello mother," said Daina.  

Adeline's Pov.

I remember Diana. She was just like me. She wanted to fight, to train with the other amazon's. But I was terrified that she would train and discover who she was and what she was capable of. I prohibited everyone to not train her but Antiope did it anyway because fighting, was the whole reason for the amazons, they were warriors trained to fight and whether I liked it or not Diana was an amazonian as well. But she was my baby and after the children I lost, I knew I would lose her too, but never once did I think I would lose her to war, once again.

When I found out that she was training I asked Antiope and Hippolyta to train her to be better than anyone they've ever trained. She became the best, almost as best as me. Steve Trevor showed up on our island, talking about war, I knew a little about that but we could not fight that war it wasn't ours to fight. But Diana wanted to explore and who was I to say no so I let her, she communicated with me often. She would talk about war and when I asked about her fights her brown eyes would light up, she was happy but the world took her from me. She died saving the world killing her half brother Ares. She died a hero and I will always be proud of her for putting the people before herself.

Living without my Diana was the hardest thing to do for decades. Every little girl with brunette hair, dark brown eyes, and full of life trying to be adventurous reminded me of my little girl. She was my light after millenniums of darkness. But every good thing must come to an end. There were many paintings of my little Diana. Every time I thought about the past I would draw a picture of the person I was remembering.

I was finishing up my painting of Diana when I heard a knock on the door. I went to open it when I saw Dean and Sam standing there. "Um, hi. Not to be rude or anything but what are you guys doing here?" I asked. "We were coming to say goodbye," said Dean. "Oh, well come on in," I said as I moved aside to let them in. "Beer?" I asked and they nodded. I returned with three beers. "So where are you guys headed now?" I asked. "We're going back to Kansas, we have a bunker there. From the men of letters. Have you heard about it?" asked Sam. "Yeah, your grandfather Henry Winchester was part of the men of letters, I didn't know John was his son until a few months later after meeting him," I said. "So, you basically know all of our family?" asked Dean. "Just you two, father, your grandfather, and mother, and I met Samuel and his wife a few times," I said.