𝖛

Death is not the greatest loss in life

the greatest loss is what dies

inside us, while we live

Hope is the thing that often keeps people alive. There is something about having hope that makes you keep going, that makes you keep fighting. 

Kansas 1983

John Winchester lost his wife, Mary. Her ten years were up, she made a deal to save her husband's life. It was time she paid her debt. John never knew the truth behind him coming back from the dead. But Mary loved him; she loved him enough to die for him. She died, but her children were safe. A few weeks after "the fire" that killed Mary Winchester, John came back home to see if he could find something. Mary knew what was happening, so she asked me to watch over her children.

Dean was terrified. He had just lost his mother. When Dean was born, I was asked by his parents to always protect him. As I gift, I gave him to power to call me when he needed it, and he knew that. That night, he was sitting in the impala waiting for his dad and watching over a 7-month old baby Sammy when I appeared by his side.

"Hello, little dove," I said to him. He let out a yelp. "Who are you?" he asked. He didn't remember me. It had been two years since the last time I had visited him.

"Don't be scared, Dean, one day it won't hurt anymore," I said. "I miss my mommy," said Dean. Tears were flowing down his face. "I know little dove. But you're a strong man; you can take care of yourself and baby Sammy," I said. "Sammy cries a lot, and he's always hungry," he said, and I smiled. 

"Well, Dean, that's because Sammy is a little baby. But he's going to grow, and then you'll be okay. He won't cry anymore unless he gets hurt. But that's not gonna happen because you'll protect him, right?" I asked. "Yes, I will always protect Sammy," said Dean. "That's good, Dean," I said. "But, who's going to protect me?" the young boy asked. "I will always protect you, Dean," I said. He smiled. "You promise?" I nodded. "I promise" I replied with a smile.

"You should sleep little dove," I said. I was worried, Dean and Sam lost their mother, and they were alone. John was so hell-bent on finding that Demon that he was forgetting he was a father. Dean and Sam needed that maternal love, and I was going to give it to them, and this time, I was not going to lose them.

"I don't want to sleep," said Dean. "Why? Are you not tired?" I asked. "No, I can't sleep because I'm scared. It's just me, my brother and my dad. We're alone," said Dean. "You're not alone, Dean. I'm here now, and I will always be here little dove," I told him.

"Will you be here when I wake up?"  Dean asked. Eyes full of hope. "I will. Sleep now, my sweet child," I said to him as I sat him next to me and Sam. "Goodnight, Sammy," said Dean kissing hin in the head. Finally, falling asleep and I gave Sammy some formula so he could eat something, I let out a sob. I lost my children. I was watching over Mary's children, and I made a vowed to protect them.

Present:

Present:

But I failed Dean. He almost died because I was not there. I was back at themyscira reminiscing about my daughter Diana. If I would've been here, maybe John would still be alive. Perhaps Dean would've never made that demon deal, but I took his place in hell.

When Sam went to the cage, I kept Sam company there. I couldn't get him out, but I  took his placed Michael, and Lucifer saw me, not Sam. I eased up the pain for Dean in hell. I had to protect them, maybe this time I could at least keep them alive. Dean was my little dove, and sam was my little moose. He was a beautiful child. They both were. I made sure they had a good childhood even though I erased their memories of me.

I wanted to give them those memories back. And with a simple spell, I did.

Dean's pov

"Sammy?" I called out to my little brother. "Yeah"? he replied. "Did Adeline looked familiar to you? Like if we knew her from somewhere?" I asked. "Yeah, she seems familiar," he replied. Out of nowhere, a wave of memories came crashing down, and I remember her. Adeline. The woman who raised Sam and I. I looked at Sam and saw the same look in his face.

"Did we just—" I couldn't even finish my sentence. "Yes. We knew her. She raised us. She was there every time dad was gone," said Sam. "How did we not know who she really was? I mean, it could've been obvious when she was telling us things she probably never told anyone else," said Dean. "What do you remember?" asked Sam.

"I remember everything. After mom, dad went back home to see if he could find something, and he left me with you in the car while he asked around. You were crying. I was scared and sad, and she appeared out of nowhere. She told me she was always going to protect me always." I said. "Most of the time she did, except that one time, when dad sold his sold, she said she wasn't there to protect me," I said. "I think we should talk to her and ask her what she knows," proposed Sam. " I think it's a good idea," I said, agreeing with Sam. The best way to get the answers is by asking the source.

Adeline's pov

My little dove and my little moose. Innocent kids in this horrible life. Sam and Dean were supposed to have a good and peaceful life, no monsters under their beds. Sam left so he could go to Standford and almost achieved it, he was dating someone and had an interview for school, but never got to that because Dean needed help to find John, who was not really missing. They deserved better than what they got.

Baby Sammy was the sweetest baby

Baby Sammy was the sweetest baby. Most of the time was quiet. He loved to "have" conversations with Dean and I. I loved taking Sammy and Dean home. John would be hunting all the time, so they were back with me until they were old enough to hunt.

I raised them; I took care of them

I raised them; I took care of them. I fought for them. I loved them and when John took them away, I felt like a part of me was gone. But I always stood by their side, even when they didn't realize it. I will always stand by their side. I made sacrifices for them, sacrifices they didn't even know about. And I will always do what I have to to protect them.