Chapter XLI

Taehyung's Pov

The whole world fell into a deep confusion, devastation, anger, disappointment, and shock as the news and reports about Jeon Jungkook of the  JEON Inc. being the leader of SK Peninsula was captured yesterday. Newspapers, online news websites and pages, tv reports, and even news blogs. Everyone was shock, wondering why the young and popular Jeon Jungkook is the mastermind of the syndicate all this time. His fans and supporters were pretty shock too, of course.

The President came to know the news right away and quickly release a  statement about it. Me and the team receive and still keep on receiving congratulatory messages, praises and even tons of gifts and presents. People are being thankful to us and somehow, it gives warmth to my aching heart. Our station went even more popular and the President told us that he will lend some hand to widen and renovate the building of our station which is a very good news for us.

The whole country is celebrating, after so many years, the justice for those who have died are now inching closer to be serve. However, I feel blank and cold. I must be happy since this is my goal from the very start, to capture and lure him out but why do I feel so sad?

"Taehyung?" Seokjin hyung called me as he entered the room. He softly smile at me and hug me with his warm embrace.

"Are you ready? Lets get moving." He told me as he pat my head. I once stared at myself in the mirror and smile, a forced one. My eyes are red but luckily it's not that puffy and the dark shade under my eyes was perfectly covered by concealer and make up. I look pale and weak.

"You'll be fine, Taehyung.." I said as I walked out from the room to be greeted by the hyungs. The Press Conference will be held today and I will get to see Jungkook again, they will let the public to see him as the leader of the syndicate.

We walked out of our apartment and quickly went to the preescon which will be held on a gathering hall. As we reach tge place, we saw people with placards and banners rallying and crowding around the place.  Police, ARMY, and SWAT scattered and roaming around, maintaining the calm and peace. Tons of media are reporting live about the presscon and I let out a sigh.

After we arrest Jungkook, he was quickly sent and detained to our stations cell which is his temporary shelter before they move him into Seoul's Maximum Security Jail. They will move him there after the presscon and I'm scared not to see him again. I'm pretty sure they won't allow anyone to visit him since he can escape in a blink of an eye. They're aware of what he can do.

"Lets go? Don't stop on walking until we entered the hall." Seokjin hyung said as he went out of the car, followed by us. The media started to surround us but luckily ARMY officers are strong enough to at least push them away, giving us enough space to walk until we finally entered the hall.

Journalist, news writers, and the whole media in newspaper, tv and radio news reporters are all in here. Sitting on their seats and patiently waiting for the presscon to start. We bowed our heads as we walk passed by and I saw how many of them are in here, their camera mens are placed at the back and their microphones are already placed on the table in where we'll be sitting with the team later. We went to a room in where the team in perfectly waiting, all being smiley and cheering. I guess I'm the only person here who is absolutely gloomy for today.

They stood up straight in give me a salute in which I return before sitting down on a vacant seat. They continue on blabbering and talking and I stay silent, wishing to see Jungkook already.

"Taehyung, you're all quiet." Taemin said and I lifted my eyes, seeing them staring at me.

"You look pale too. Did you sleep?" Jeonghan asked me and I nodded with a smile.