Chapter XX

Taehyung's Pov

I shut my eyes close, breathing heavily through my mouth. Seeing an innocent and helpless kid being killed by harvesting his internal organs makes my blood boil in pure madness. How can they do that? Just how can they kill a kid for money?! They're not humans. They're evils, demons, monsters, anything that can describe a cruel person.

I quickly entered the building, ignoring everyone's greetings. I made my way towards the lady behind the counter, showing my police license to her.

"I'm here for Mr. Jeon. Tell him I need a talk." I said and she let out a smile.

"Do you have any appointments with Mr. Jeon, Sir?" She asked and I stared at her.

"Nothing but this is important. Go and tell him, I need to talk with your boss." I emphasize every word through my gritted teeth and still, she just let out a sigh before smiling towards me.

"Sir, Mr. Jeon is currently busy and he told me not to disturb him--"

"Just shut up and fuckin' tell that Jungkook that someone is going to talk to him!!!" I yelled as i slammed my hands in the counter, creating a scene. The lady flinched and quickly lifted up the telephone and murmured something.

"Tell him it's Officer Kim. Kim Taehyung." I said and she nodded her head.

"You may now go to his office, Sir." She told me and forced a smile in which I ignored. Walking towards the elevator, I pressed the last floor and think of a plan to confront him. I don't have any guns with me but I always insert the pocket knife on my belt.

The elevator slide open revealing a hallway, red carpet was neatly placed on the tiled floor and warm lights covered the whole place. I walked down the red carpet and I can feel my heartbeat beating on a fast pace.

I reached the door and without knocking, I entered the place. Cool air surrounds me and I gulp down, seeing a figure from afar. His back facing me and his suit dressed him elegantly. The office looks so manly as the color gray, black, and white blends in perfectly. Bonsai was displayed on every corner and some furnitures are on display too. The walls are all glass and i can see the busy city from afar.

"Officer Kim. It's a pleasure to have you. Have a seat." Jungkook said as he faced me, adjusting his neck tie.

"Stop the act, Mr. Jeon. You know the reason why I'm here." I said as he walked towards his table, sitting on the edge of it. His chocolate eyes are now staring at me as he cross his arms on his chest.

"Hmm.. I don't get you Officer Kim. My secretary told me that you showed up on my building, causing a scene and being a wild animal. I didn't expect that from a very well-trained cop." He said in a mocking tone.

"The video. You sent the video of the kid.." I said and his face lights up, remembering something.

"Alright. I knew it. Have you watched it? The camera angles are perfect right? Did you hear the kid screaming and crying for his parents? crying for help that would never come? Oh so pathetic, I almost cried." Jungkook said as he wipe his imaginary tears, smirking a little.

"I told you to stop, Officer Kim. Back out but you got a brave heart so lets test it." He said as he stood up, snapping his fingers. A man showed up and my eyes widen, seeing the person. His jolly smiles are gone and was now painted with an emotionless expression.

"H-hoseok?" I muttered and he smirked at me. The guy I met at the Eclipse Hotel & Bar Restaurant is here. I stared at him and back to Jungkook who is smirking and almost laughing at my shock reaction.

"You know each other?" I said and Hoseok giggled at my statement.

"Of course, we're childhood friends. Right boss?" Hoseok said as he ruffled Jungkook's hair, sitting on the couch.

"Right Hope." He replied and my eyes widen. Boss, Hope..

"Com'on Officer Kim. You looked so shocked. It's just me, Jung Hoseok. I'm your Hope." He said and let out a laugh.

"You lied to me. The picture of the previous task force in your room, you are not related to any of them. You are a part of the syndicate." I said and Hoseok nodded his head like a proud mom.

"Yup, I fooled you." He said and I clenched my hands in fist. I thought...

"Jungkook is right. You're brave, look at you, standing alive inside our territory and facing two of the masterminds of all the crimes in South Korea. Great isn't it?" Hoseok said as he clapped his hands.

"You're going to jail. Both of you. All of you." I said and they chuckled before staring at me. Shivers went up to my spine as silence enveloped the three of us.

"Hoseok hyung, I want to have a talk with Officer Kim. You can wait outside." Jungkook said and Hoseok obliged. Hoseok stood up and walk towards the door, giving me a side glance and I can feel the way he smirk at me. So annoying.

"You already know the "Hope" in your web, Taehyung. What's your next step?" He asked as he slowly approached me.

"I won't tell you." I spat and he smile at me.

"Com'on Officer Kim, you're being hard to get." He spat and I return the smile towards him.

"Soon Mr. Jeon, I will drag you and your family down. No one will stop me, not even you." I said as he came in front of me.

"Let's see.." He whispered and my eyes landed on his wallet above his desk. Maybe we can get some calling cards in there, someone that will lead us to finally reveal who is the other two companions of Jungkook.

"You may now leave." He said as he turn around, walking back to his seat.

"I came for another reason." I said and he stop on his tracks, glancing on his side and again, I met his cold eyes.

"Spill it Officer Kim before I stab your throat with my pen." He said, standing still in the middle of his office.

I made my way towards him and gently placed my hands on his shoulders. His muscles tense before relaxing under my touch. I bit my lower lip as my hands cascaded down onto his biceps.

"What the fuck are you doing, Officer Kim?" He said, more like a harsh whisper and I lean towards his ear.

It's now or never.

"Please Mr. Jeon. Kiss me again."