are you okay? blurb

River waited patiently outside your apartment door, nervous to knock. he eventually raised his knuckles up & knocked. he didn't hear anything on the otherwise of the door, so he knocked again & again... & again.

"y/n? are you home?" he asked a bit loud, his ear against the door to se did he could hear anything.

he suddenly twisted the door handle & the door opened, leaving a questionable look on his face as he slowly walked inside. you don't usually leave your door unlocked, so he was a bit sceptical as he closed the door & looked at your apartment. it seemed as though you weren't home.

"y/n?" he called out as he walked towards your bathroom, gently knocking.

"are you in there?" he called out again, seeing the light on from the bottom of the door.

he heard nothing so he twisted the knob & was met with your figure holding onto the counter top with all your might, your knuckles white. you just stared at your reflection in the sink, not bothering to look at river.

he just walked closer to you & rubbed your back.

"are you okay?" he asked softly.

"i wish" you replied, turning around & leaning your head on his shoulder, wanting to scream.

"how are you feeling?" he asked as he wrapped his arms around you securely.

"i don't know, i can't feel anything" you said, a few tears falling onto his shirt in the process.

"i don't feel anything... that's the problem"