phone calls suck

You once again spent your evening alone in your quiet apartment, curled up on the couch staring at the clock waiting for river to call. he was away on press tour for his newest movie, my own private idaho & to say you were lonely was an understatement.

you aren't the clingy type of person in a relationship, but being alone for about 2-4 months isn't something you like to do often. even though you have your job, your small group of friends & few family members close to  you, nothing compared to having the company of river.

waking up & turning around to expect your boyfriend, your met with an empty & cold side of the bed. coming home from work & expecting river to be practicing his lines while pacing through the living room or making 2 mugs of tea in the kitchen, you were met with the sounds of silence. it sucked.

you supported river & everything he believed in so much, you want him to be doing his absolute best in the business but not being with him for months makes your heart ache. the worst thing about all of this is the phone calls. he's been gone for a month already, but he hasn't returned any of your calls.

so after work you shower, change your clothes, make yourself something to eat, sit on the couch, watch some tv & wait for the phone to ring, for him to hopefully call you. the tabloids & magazines have been the only thing that has told you how he's been doing, which hurts.

you sat up from the couch, washed your dishes & clean around the small kitchen, trying to kill time. looking at the clock it read 11:47pm, signalling you to get ready for bed due to your early shift. your eyes glanced at the phone for the billionth time, your fingers grabbing it from its spot on the wall.

dialling the number he gave you to contact him once again you patiently waited for him to pick up, praying to hear his voice. your hopes were soon crushed, hearing the automated voice say the person isn't available. you cursed to yourself in disbelief, wondering how long it's gonna take for him to answer.

"hi river, it's y/n... again. just wanted to make sure your alright like usual. so um i hope your doing okay & press tour is going fine. i miss you, a lot. i just, i hate spending the majority of my nights alone, not being able to talk to you. not being able to fall asleep next you, i just miss you. so uh... just let me know your okay soon? send me a post card or anything? bye river, i love you" you said, putting the phone back on the wall.

your eyes shut tightly, not wanting to cry about it again. making your way upstairs you brushed your teeth & crawled underneath the covers. you tried multiple times to sleep, but you couldn't. for the rest of the night you sat by your window & stared at the few people walking around, lights flashing & hearing few peoples conversations... as you once again thought about river.

hi everyone! sorry my updates have been slow, school has been a lot & i've been stuck having some writers block. this isn't the best imagine but i needed to post something so here you go! ❤️