little things ; 2

INSPIRED BY THE SONG "Little Things" BY : ONE DIRECTION

4) River watched you quietly from his spot on the bed as you were in the washroom getting ready for your day. river was on break, so he was staying at the apartment for the day while you had to get ready for a day of work. you did your hair by putting a couple pieces pinned in the back & you were currently doing your makeup.

you did a full face; foundation, concealer, powder, blush, eyeshadow, mascara, highlighter & brow gel. you don't like wearing so much makeup but for your job you feel like you have to look put together. after you finished you walked over to the bed & leaned over, running your fingers through rivers hair a few times.

"ya know, i don't get why you have to put on all that makeup" he asked softly as he looked at your face.

"what do you mean riv?" you asked curiously.

"well, it covers your freckles & your natural tint in your cheeks. i think you look beautiful no matter what don't get me wrong but... i just like you when your all natural ya know?"

"i really like your freckles y/n" he kissed your forehead softly before smiling at you.

"your too sweet, thank you babe" you blushed at him as he looked at the clock on the wall.

"it's 8:45, your gonna be late"

"i'll see you later right?"

"i'll be here waiting for you y/n"

5) You couldn't sleep. you rolled around & grunted softly as you couldn't get comfortable for some reason. you weren't sure if you felt too hot, too cold or whatever. you tried not waking river up but he could feel the bed twist & turn as you moved.

"having trouble sleeping?" he asked, his voice raspy as he turned to you.

"shit. i didn't mean to wake you, go back to bed river. i just can't sleep" you said as you felt guilty for waking him up.

"why can't you sleep babe? you okay?" he asked as he pulled you to his chest, rubbing your back as you sighed.

"i don't know. no nightmares or anything like that. just haven't been able to sleep good for like... the past couple months i guess" you replied, drawing small doodles on his chest.

"i'm sorry bout that angel, why didn't you tell me before?" he asked.

"didn't wanna worry you i guess? just wanted to see if it would go away but it hasn't"

"did you have a cup of tea before you came to bed?" he asked, knowing after watching you countless times making yourself tea before you join him in bed.

"lavender tea isn't it?" he asked again.

"i'm surprised you noticed that. & yes, i did have my tea" you said as you smiled a bit. you were surprised that he picked up o that habit of yours.

"just observant, that's all"

"want me to make you some tea? I wouldn't mind some too" he asked, caressing your cheek.

"really? you don't have to riv"

"come on y/n, it may help if you have some more. besides, i wouldn't mind some lavender tea at 4:36 in the morning" as he said that, he pulled you up out of bed, making you giggle as he carried you to the kitchen.

6) You currently we're studying for your drivers test. you were 20 & you've never driven a car. river actually persuaded you to & you were studying with all the handbooks & practice questions for your exam in a couple days. it was around 7:50pm river noticed that you've kept yourself stuck in your shared office in your apartment.

he decided to bring you some food & water because you haven't ate since lunch. he made you your favourite sandwich & brought it to the office, knocking on the door softly.

"come in" you said as you turned in a wheely chair towards the door, smiling when he saw river with food.

"made ya something to eat cause you've been working hard all day angel" he said as he walked in, putting the plate & glass on another table before walking to you & giving you a quick peck.

"how's the studying going? almost done for the day?" he asked, kneeling in front of you.

"yeah, it's been going okay. just a bit nervous" you said as you played with the strings of the hoodie you were wearing.

"your doing great. promise" he smiled at you softly as he pushed some hairs out of your face.

"sorry i've barley seen you today, studying just-"

"don't apologize, it's okay. just missed your presence" he kissed your hand, making your cheeks turn red.

"i love how much of hard worker ya know that? hardest working girl there is" river said as you rolled your eyes, chuckling at his comment.

"you sure about that statement? i'm not at all what you said. guaranteed" you said as you turned back to your work.

"hey, you should take credit for that. you are a hard worker love, don't say you aren't. also... books go away at 8:30. i have a movie & pizza on the way" he said, kissing your head again before leaving the room, smiling at you working once more.