san francisco

BASED OFF OF THE SONG
' SAN FRANCISCO '
BY: THE DRIVER ERA

You woke up in your room, greeted by the sunlight & the shadows of the trees on the curb your street. you rubbed your eyes & walked to your bathroom to freshen up.

you had a warm shower, washing your hair till it smelled like coconut & vanilla. you washed ur face, brushed your teeth & combed your damp hair. you changed from your pj's to a pair of basic jean shorts & a light grey lace bra.

you walked back into your room to find a shirt, you looked through all your clothes but they were all dirty. you then looked at your corner of your bed, there laying on the edge of your bed frame was some of his clothes.

you walked towards it & held his clothing in your hands. there was a dark grey t-shirt, a navy blue sweatshirt, a blue & black button up & a white hoodie with ketchup stain.

you held the hoodie in your hands remembering how it got stained. you & river went to san francisco a couple months ago for some interviews for his latest movie "running on empty" and while you were there you went out to eat at an Italian restaurant, but you ended up getting take out.

you both went back to your hotel, laughing and smiling at jokes along the way. once you both got there you put on the tv & changed into  some comfy clothes, same with river.

he made a joke about the pasta you both were sharing, and some of the sauce landed onto his shirt. you chuckled at the memory, hugging the hoodie. it still smells like him, you thought to yourself.

you decided to put the clothes in a bag so you could give them back to him, maybe he wants them. you decided to look under your bed and pull out a small box you never thought you would open.

you sat on your bed, opening the cover of the box to reveal pictures, letters, receipts, small presents, bracelets & memories with river. you dumped the contents on your bed and looked through everything, it took a while.

there was one picture that you couldn't stop looking at, it was a polaroid from july 8th 1989, that day you & river went to his cottage for a couple weeks on your own. you canoed, had camp fires every night, cooked all your meals together & explored. it was one of the best months of your life.

in the picture you both were standing at a dock in a small town close by the cottage. you asked a fisherman if he could take the picture. river was wearing a white & dark blue shirt with black shorts. you were wearing a white medium ish length sun dress with small purple flowers.

river was holding on to your body as you held onto his, smiling like idiots in love. your eyes started to tear up as you held the photograph in your hand. you laid on your bed for hours staring at that photo as you listened to the beatles on your record player.

you decided it would be a good time to see if he's at his place, knowing his busy schedule. you drove for a good 20 minutes till you pulled up to the familiar apartment complex.

you walked into the elevator, pressing the 7th floor button. you soon were walking down the hallway looking at all the numbers until you saw his number, 114. you stood in-front of the door, hesitatingly knocking for a couple minutes. you suddenly knocked on the door, feeling nostalgic due to previous events.