prom night

As you opened up the gymnasium doors, the loud music, the sounds of people on the dance floor and the people caught up in their conversations were heard.

the gym was turned from a sweaty room into a ballroom, which shocked you. your light blue flower dress matched perfectly with the theme 'Fairy Tale'.

since you didn't have a date, your friends allowed you to hangout with them, even though they all had dates. it wasn't so bad, but you still felt left out.

your friends all left to the dance floor for the rest of the night, you sat down at one of the tables close to the stage where a band was playing.

there was one person that caught your eye, the main singer & guitarist. he was wearing black pants and a white button up shirt, but the top 2 buttons were un done. his dirty blonde hair was slicked back the tiniest bit.

his voice was beautiful and his music skills were amazing. he looked over at you a couple times while playing, a slight smile growing on his face each time.

it was now a slow song, and you were the only person sitting down while everyone else was dancing with their partner. as you were thinking about things a sudden tap on your shoulder caught your attention.

"hi, i know you don't know who i am but, the whole time i was playing i saw you sitting here alone. and no one should be alone on their prom night. would you like to dance with me?" the boy from the stage asked.

"yes, i would love to dance with you" you said smiling.

he smiled as you took his hand, him leading you both to the middle of the dance floor. he put his hands on your waist while your arms went around his neck.

you both talked about your interests, his band, your plans after highschool and just simple things about each-others lives. you soon learned his name was river, he was vegan and he loved to act and make music.

the last song of the night started to play. river took your right hand in his left and started to do the waltz with you.

"i have no idea what i'm doing" you laughed.

"it's okay, follow my lead y/n" he said as he looked at you.

you continued to follow rivers moves, it felt like you were the only people in the room, it was magical. as the song ended you wrapped both arms around his neck as he hugged your waist.

"thank you for being my prince charming tonight river" you whispered into his ear.

"thank you for being my cinderella tonight y/n" he whispered back.

you both chuckled at each-other. as the night soon came to an end, people started to leave, and the band started to pack up their things.

"well... i guess this is goodbye my prince" you said holding onto rivers left hand.

"actually it's more of a see you later my princess" he said smiling at you.

he handed you a piece of paper, it had his number and address.

he grabbed his guitar case and headed for the door. but he soon came back over to you and kissed your cheek.

"call me or stop by soon darling" he yelled to you with a smirk as he ran towards the door.

"i will" you yelled back, chuckling to yourself.

you stood in the middle of the dance floor alone, your hand on your cheek where he kissed, blushing and smiling like an idiot.

what a night.