missed you

Walking up the stairs to your shared bedroom, you smiled softly knowing he was back home. you saw the door closed slightly, a soft gleam of light showing through the slight crack. opening the door wider so you could walk in you noticed 2 suitcases, a backpack, a couple books & a coat thrown lazily on the floor by the end of the bed.

looking at the bed you saw him underneath the sheets, cuddled cozily to the comforter as a book was opened wide beside him, his snoring light. you chuckled softly at the state he was in, going over to him & marking the page the book was opened to so he wouldn't complain about losing his spot in the morning.

you kissed his forehead quickly as you gathered your night clothes, walking to the bathroom to have a shower. you came back in the room a little while later, your hair almost dry & your body smelling like coca butter. you made sure you turned off the hallway light before finally settling in the bed, your body aching from having to walk an hour & a half back home from work.

turning off the lamp your eyes adjusted to the darkness of the room as you moved closer to river, his snores stopping as he felt your head on his chest. smiling to himself, he opened his eyes to be met with you cuddling into him.

"hey sweetheart" he said softly, rubbing your arm.

"hi baby" you said, moving your head off of his chest to see his face better.

"sorry i couldn't make it back faster, i would've liked to be home when you got here but work wanted me to stay longer & i-" you rambled as you ran your fingers through his blonde locks, earning a sigh from him.

"hey, it's okay babe. it doesn't matter anymore cause your here now" he said as he gently put his fingers on your jaw, pulling your face closer to his so he could kiss you.

the kiss was slow due to it being so late in the night, the sleepy feeling you both felt... but it was perfect. it satisfied both of you, knowing that you were able to show just how much you missed each-other in such a simple action, even if it was late.

"missed you... a lot... you know" he said, pausing in between to give you soft pecks which made your heart start to race.

"missed you too, so so much" you said as he sat up, his back resting against the headboard.

he pulled you closer to him once more, resting your head by his left shoulder so you were across his chest. he lightly kissed your neck which sent a heavy breath out through your lips. he just chuckled, his breath tickling your neck as you breathed in his cologne.

for a couple minutes you traced random shapes & doodles on his chest, he raised your shirt up a bit so he could slip his hand through to rub your bare back, knowing how much you loved it when he did that.

"bub?" you asked.

"hmm?" he replied, looking down at you.

"i love you" you whispered against his chest.

"i love you more sweetheart, let's get some rest now huh? we can catch up some more in the morning okay?" he said, running his fingers through your hair softly.

"uh huh" you mumbled, moving off his chest so he could get comfy.

once he laid comfortably on his back you moved to lay on your side, your left arm slipping underneath his back, your head resting on his chest & your right arm laid across his chest as your hand fell by his right collarbone. his right arm went underneath your body, just to come back up to have his hand rest on your waist as his left hand just laid on his stomach. sighing in content, you both nuzzled closer together as possible before speaking.

"sweet dreams y/n/n"

"sweet dreams riv"