birthday surprise

You were currently walking to your friends house, river phoenix. you & river met a couple weeks ago at one of your fathers business events, because he is a director.

you were a nervous wreck when your father told you that you have to come with him to this event, it scared you. when your father introduced you to river you couldn't stop shaking.

so he took you outside to try to calm you down. he tried to get you to slow your breathing and to take a deep breath. he was honestly the most caring person you've met in your life. for the rest of the night you both cracked jokes and learned something new about each other.

today is river's 18th birthday, and he has no idea your coming. even though you both aren't super close you hope that he's somewhat surprised that you came.

you walked up to the front door and opened it quietly, tip toeing through the house to get to the kitchen. there were a couple of his friends over and then his siblings and parents.

you popped your head a tiny bit into the kitchen to see that river was looking kinda of bummed out. he was wearing a light blue sweatshirt and some black shorts. he was sitting alone at the table as his family socialized with his friends.

you walked over to him and tapped his shoulder.

"what do you want rain i'm not in the mood" he said slightly annoyed.

you tapped him again.

"rain what-" he turned around and saw you standing there with a small party gift bag.

"happy birthday river" you said smiling.

his face instantly flowed with happiness as he smiled and hugged you without saying a word. you both stood there hugging for a while, but you didn't mind. you pulled away and handed him his present.

"you wanna open it riv?" you asked him.

"yeah, i do" he smiled.

he sat down at he table once more and tore open the wrapping paper to find the best possible gift ever. it was a beatles vinyl, a complete vinyl of everyone of their songs. he has wanted this for such a long time but he never had the chance to get it.

"y/n, thank you so much. i love it" he stood up and gave you a big hug.

"i'm glad you love it riv" you chuckled as his grip got tighter around you.

"can we go listen to it?" he asked, pointing to the stairs.

"but what about the party-" you said.

"they won't notice, please?" he gave you puppy dog eyes as you stood there.

"yeah, let's go" you said.

he grabbed your hand and lead you up the stairs to his room, which was at the very end of the hallway. he opened the door and it was pretty big. his sheets were dark grey, his walls were painted with a very light blue & there were posters almost everywhere.

"welcome to moi chambre" he said with a slight french accent.

you just chuckled at him as he put a vinyl in the record player. "put your head on my shoulder" by paul anka started to play. river walked over to you and bowed. you curtsied back , him putting one hand on your waist & the other holding yours. you both danced messily around his room, you soon tripping on a T-shirt that was lying on the floor.

river helped you up, he then picked you up and plopped you on his bed. for the rest of the day you and river listened to music and talked about random things that came to mind.

you both fell asleep at around 3am. you woke up at 8am to the sun brightly making a presence in the room. you fell asleep sitting criss-cross with your back on the headboard of his board. you looked down at your lap to see river sleeping peacefully.

you chuckled to yourself as you stared at him as he snored quietly. you were about to place him on his pillow but he woke up.

"nooo, your more comfortable than any pillow, please" he said in his morning voice.

he rolled to go on his back so he could look at you.

"damn, you look beautiful in the morning" he mumbled.

you started to blush as butterflies started to grow in your stomach. he looked 100 times better than you. his skin was as soft as it looks, his sleepy smile his adorable and his hair isn't even messy.

"you look cute when you blush you know that?" he said smiling.

your cheeks turned darker and you felt speechless.

"your too sweet river" you said as you played with his blonde locks.

he just smiled and admired you. after a couple minutes you placed his head on one of his pillows and stood up, stretching.

"you can borrow one of my sweaters or hoodies if you want" he said standing up, walking to his closet.

he handed you a dark purple sweatshirt with 'r.j.p' engraved on it. you went to his bathroom  to change. you walked out and spun around in the comfy sweatshirt. it was pretty big on you but it was really comfortable and it smells just like him.

"you look radiant" he whispered to himself.

he started to smile as you looked at yourself in the mirror. he walked over to you and wrapped his arms around you.

"you like it?" he asked.

"i love it" you said back smiling.

"well i better get going, my dad is going to chew my head off knowing i didn't come back last night" you said grabbing your coat and shoes.

"i'm so sorry, i completely forgot you had to go back-" he started to ramble.

"hey, it's okay. if i get in-trouble it was worth it, i had a lot of fun with you river" you walked back over to him, dropped your coat and shoes & wrapped your arms around his neck.

"i like you y/n" he whispered ever so quietly.

"i like you too river" you said back in the same tone.

you both pulled away and smiled.

"happy belated birthday riv, i'll call you later" you said, giving him a kiss on his cheek.

you walked out the door smiling like an idiot. he stood in the same place in his room, hand on his cheek while he blushed.

"best birthday ever" he mumbled to himself.