science tutor

"So um, what is metaphase again?"

you frustratingly sighed, your head falling to your crossed arms on the table in a huff. you've been studying with a boy in your class named chris for a couple weekends now, getting ready for your science exam since your teacher asked you to tutor him for it.

"it's when the chromosomes get pulled into the middle of the cell by the centrioles & spindle fibres" you mumbled, feeling hopeless at the this point.

"oh y-yeah. sorry i'm just uh, not the greatest in bio" he said nervously, flipping through many notes to find the pages that talked about mitosis.

"it's okay chris. your honestly gonna do fine, it's just a science exam. we've been preparing for this for weeks, i think you've made some real progress" you said to lighten the mood.

"thanks y/n, so um can we go over nucleotides now?" he asked.

"yeah sure, chris" you said, flipping to the page in the textbook.

~          •          ~

it was now the day of the exam, you & chris decided to stop at a coffee shop to get some coffee before heading to the exam room. you both soon made it to class, sitting down & we're handed with the exam. you looked at chris who sat near the front of the room & gave him a small smile before paying attention to your paper.

the exam went by quick, you were one of the first people done. you sat outside on a bench & waited for chris to finish. you continued to read a book you found in your bag as you felt a tap on your shoulder. looking up you smiled as you saw chris standing above you.

"so how was it?" you asked him.

"not too bad, it's all thanks to you though" he said, helping you up from the ground.

"it's really no problem, even though you got on my nerves sometimes... you were nice to hangout with, even if it was just studying" you said, walking down the hallway with him.

"maybe we could hangout sometime?" chris asked you.

"sure, are you needing help for summer school or something?" you asked.

"well um, no. maybe we could uh hangout without studying? like we could go out to eat or whatever you'd want to do?" he asked, grilling the straps on his backpack.

"i'd like that" you said, smiling at him.

"really?" he asked with a smile growing on his face.

"yeah, summer is now upon us so... we have lots of time to do stuff, just the two of us?" you said, biting your lip slightly.

"yeah, just the two of us" he said as he looked into your eyes.

"call me okay?" you asked him.

"yeah i will, promise" he said.

you walked towards the main doors of the school, walking down the street & heading towards your house. you couldn't stop smiling & chris couldn't either.