babysitters

You & river were getting ready to take care of your brother's daughter, ella today. since ella is 4 years old you gathered some appropriate movies, mostly old disney movies like the dog & the hound, sleeping beauty & the little mermaid since she loves them. you also had some games & snacks prepared in case she gets hungry. to say you were excited was an understatement.

river was also excited because he loves to hear stories about ella, or any of your other friends kids. he loves children & today he's really excited to meet ella, after all the funny stories you've told him. as you both were cuddling on the couch, taking a short nap the doorbell rang.

you jumped up & ran to the front door, leaving river on the couch.

"ellie!" you said, scooping the little ray of sunshine into your arms.

"auntie y/n" she said sweetly, giggling.

you gave your brother a short hug before he gave you some of her toys & made sure everything would be alright. once he drove off you & ella headed inside towards the living room.

"ellie, do you want to meet my friend river?" you asked her, crouching beside her.

she nodded hesitantly before holding your hand, giving it a light squeeze. you nodded in return & smiled, bringing her closer to the couch.

"ellie, this is river. river this is ellie" you said, placing her beside river on the couch.

"hi ella, i'm river" he said, smiling at the little girl.

she nervously waved at him, hopping off the couch to grab your leg, shielding herself away. you looked at river with a small frown & mouthed 'sorry' & he mouthed back 'it's okay love', peering around your leg to find ella.

"ellie, he's trying to your friend. he won't hurt you okay? your alright, go say hi" you slightly pushed her towards river, watching them intently.

"h-hi" she mumbled, waving again.

"hi ella, do you want to play with some of your toys with me for a bit?" he asked her.

"okay wiver" she said, saying his name in the cutest way possible.

you saw river give her his beautiful smile, taking her hand to the small playroom you have in your house. you smiled as you watched the two walk away, feeling your heart warm at the sight of them getting along. you decided to take a short nap, due to your messed up sleep schedule.

soft sores escaped your lips as you drifted to sleep, the warm blanket on the couch kept you toasty for the time being. after what felt like forever you heard whispers & 'shush!'s  around you but you disregarded it, continuing to sleep. but then you felt some weight jump onto your stomach, causing your eyes to widen & your breath to hitch. you looked around you & saw ella giggling on your lap, river was hiding behind one of the sofa chairs in front of you, smiling like an idiot.

"thanks for the wake up ellie" you said, softly smiling at the precious girl in front of you, even though your sleep was interrupted.

"me & uncle wiv played dolls & tiaras & candy land & dress up & stories auntie! can we eat pleaseeeeeee" you smiled at ella, nodding your head.

you picked her up with the blanket wrapped around you, walking to the kitchen. you looked in the fridge to find some mac & cheese you made last night, heating it up & giving it to ella to eat with some apple juice & some vegetables. as she ate you sat beside her, soon seeing river walk towards you both. as soon as you saw him you stood up, meeting him halfway & giving him a bear hug.

you felt his voice vibrate from chuckling on your neck which made you smile. you swayed with him for a few seconds before he spoke up.

"i love you y/n" he whispered.

"i love you too riv" you whispered back, pulling away to give him a small peck on his lips before walking back to ella who was still occupied eating.

after ella finished eating, you guys decided to watch a movie. you all huddled on the couch with blankets & popcorn, enjoying yourself's until your brother arrived. by the time he came ella was fast asleep, which made it easier to give her back to your brother so she wouldn't stall. river packed up her bag of toys handing it to your brother as he waved goodbye.

you closed the door & turned around to see river smiling. you smiled back, walking closer to him before he scooped you up in his arms. your arms were wrapped around his necks as he held your legs up around his torso.

"i really enjoyed today, ella is adorable" he said smiling.

"i'm glad you too had fun. you really made her feel less nervous, she doesn't always let her walls fall down that easily" you said, river soon kissing your cheek.

"today just made me realize how much more i want kids with you one day" he said, a blush forming on his cheeks.

"well we are married so, it'll happen soon handsome" you giggled quietly as his eyes sparkled up.

"well... now would be a good time huh?!" he smirked.

"river!" you yelled as he raced you both upstairs, dropping you on your shared bed with a thud.