stay here, with me?

You were in your shared bedroom of you & your boyfriend's apartment. you were busy getting ready for a family event tonight, which will be including lots of family members & lots of alcohol. you finished putting on your dark navy blue dress which fit your body perfectly & adjusted your makeup before walking to the kitchen to meet with river.

he stood in the middle of the living room by the larger body-length mirror fixing the belt on his black slacks & unbuttoning few top buttons. you stared at him with adoring eyes, making your heart warm at the sight. his hair was felled back ever so slightly, knowing he likes to run his fingers through it comfortably.

his eyes watched himself closely, making sure he looked his best. the few silver rings he had on his fingers matched the small silver chain around his neck, which you got for his birthday. he honestly just looked so perfectly without having to be so extravagant, one of the many reasons you adored this boy. he showed kindness & love to everything around him, whether it was the plant in the kitchen or the blanket on the couch.

as you were lost in your thoughts, thinking about him so intently you didn't realize he smiled warmly at you.

"sweetheart, you look so..." he walked closer to you, making you look at his eyes.

"so gorgeous" he finished his sentence, holding your cheek softly.

your arms laid on his chest as he pulled you closer to him, closing the space between you both. you smiled into the kiss, your heart rate rising at the small action. he pulled away & rested his forehead on yours, a grin growing on his face.

"you look really good in a button-up riv..." you said with a smirk as you lightly traced his collarbone with you index finger, causing goosebumps to rise onto his skin.

"we still have sometime before we have to leave, wanna listen to some music honey?" he asked you, moving away from your face but grabbing ahold of your hand, pulling you to the record player.

"you choose okay? i'm gonna out on my heels" you said, kissing his temple before running towards the shoe rack at the front door.

as slid on your heels you looked up at him as he placed a record into the player, smiling to himself. suddenly you heard one of your favourite songs 'be my baby' by the ronettes.

you giggled as you walked towards him, river smiling as he held you in his arms. you belted the lyrics as you were wrapped in rivers arms, acting like you were performing in front of millions of people. he laughed at you as you stepped onto the couch & continued dancing silly to the song.

"be my be my baby" you sang to him, wrapping your arms around his neck, swaying lightly in the living room.

"i am your baby though, aren't i?" he asked.

"always" you smiled at him, holding him closer to you.

as the song changed you still held onto him, swaying in his arms. he looked at his watch & gasped at the time.

"shit y/n, we're gonna be late" he said, letting go you & walking quickly towards the door while grabbing his wallet & car keys.

you posted slightly, not wanting to go anymore. you honestly wish you could just stay home, swaying in rivers arms for the rest of the evening instead of getting drunk & hearing about your aunts ramble about their childhood.

"sweetheart, what's wrong? don't you wanna go?" he asked confused, standing by the door.

"stay here, with me?" you asked, fidgeting with your fingers.

"instead of going out can we stay here, together... j-just us?"

you were acting like this because your family is so invested in your relationship with river. you both never get the alone time you both deserve. it's always just going to see family or partying at family events, you never get to spend time alone together. you just want to be with him tonight, only him. you both have been dating for only couple months, you moved in with him only last month. river hasn't seen this almost clingy side to you before, so you weren't sure how he was going to react.

he didn't say anything. he took off his shoes, placed his keys & wallet on the counter & walked to you. he signalled you to take your shoes off, which you did. he took your fidgeting hands in his & looked at you.

"i'll stay here with you over anything, alright my love?" he said, kissing your shaking knuckles softly.

you smiled softly & nodded, wrapped your arms around him tightly as you took in his scent. his head was in the crook of your neck, his lips giving soft kisses to your neck which made you melting to his touch. you slowly played with the blonde locks at the back of head, sighing contented as your fingers ran through it.

"this is nice huh?" he whispered softly to you.

"it's perfect" you said, sighing contently as he kissed your head a few times, feeling pure bliss.

you wrapped your arms around him even more, trying to get even closer to him. laying your head on his chest you heard his heart beat which made you smile softly. he looked down at you & smiled for the billionth time, swaying with you for the rest of evening in the middle of the living room.