sick days

"Y/n! i'm home from the store!" river yelled as he closed the door with his foot, carrying 2 large bags of groceries.

he didn't hear you respond, you probably were still sleeping since it's sunday morning & you really like sleeping in on sundays, but river had to get some more food for you both before you both complained about it later. he placed the bags on the kitchen counter & sorted the items, placing stuff in the fridge, freezer & pantry.

once he was done he decided to head down the hall to wake you up so you could make breakfast together, due to it being close to 11am. once he opened the door to your bedroom he saw the sheets flung to one side of the bed & you were no where to be found. his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he looked around the room to find it empty.

he then looked at the bathroom door & saw the light on from under the door, meaning you were inside. smiling to himself he knocked on the door & waited for you to say something but there was just silence. just to be safe, he opened the door a bit & he found your figure over the toilet, purging what you ate in the last 24 hours.

"oh baby..." he said, rushing to your side to hold your hair back & rubbing your back softly.

"let it all out y/n, your okay it's okay" he repeated to you as you finished.

you grabbed some toilet paper & wiped your mouth, almost gagging once more. flushing the toilet, you stood up & wobbled to clutch the bathroom sink counter with the help of river, cursing at the pain you were in. tears started to stream down your face as your throat burned from purging, feeling the need to brush your teeth a million times.

"i-" you choked out.

"hey it's okay, just brush your teeth, wash your face & take a shower to get cleaned up huh? i'll get you another change of clothes, a clean towel, medicine & i'll stay in here with you" he said, kissing your temple.

you just nodded as you started to brush your teeth, gripping the counter with your left hand to steady yourself as river left the bathroom. after that you washed your face & slowly de-clothed yourself, hopping into the shower. you washed your body & your hair, taking your time so you didn't throw up again.

you heard the bathroom door open, the toilet seat cover being closed & someone sitting on it, knowing it was river.

"you okay love? i got your clothes & stuff for you" he said.

"thank you" you said quietly but loud enough so he could hear you over the pouring water.

"let me know when your done okay?" he said.

"mhmm" you replied, washing out the conditioner from your hair.

soon river was helping you out of the shower, wrapping you in warm towels & helping you dry your hair. he helped you get into your fresh clothes & he even helped you cream your arms & legs for you. after you were cleaned up you smiled for the first time this morning, placing your back against his chest as his arms wrapped around your waist carefully.

"feeling a bit better?" he asked, kissing your temple again.

you just nodded, closing your eyes as your head rested against his shoulder.

"let's go to the couch, i got it set up with everything you'll be needing for the next few days" he said, helping you walk to the living room.

your eyes widened at the sight. the couch was turned into a make-shift bed with blankets to keep warm, a fan on one side in case the blankets make you too hot, water & ginerale, crackers & the tv was on. you looked at river & gave him a very comfy hug.

"thank you, i dont deserve this but thank you riv" you said softly, your throat still in pain.

"it's my priority to make sure my girl is as comfortable as possible on sick days. now, you gotta take some medicine & then we can enjoy this very lovely set up i made" he said, winking as he pulled you to the kitchen to give you some medicine & to check if you had a fever or not.

"i love you bub, thank you" you said as you cuddled into his side on the couch, watching the show on the tv.

"anything for you" he whispered, kissing your forehead before you drifted into a much needed nap.