volunteering hours

You were doing your volunteer hours at a arts camp for the whole month of July. You and 10 other counsellors waited to see which group you would be in charge of and who your partner was.

you finally got your chance to look at the piece of paper that had everyone's names listed, and you saw your name beside 'river phoenix'.

you looked around until you saw a a name tag that read 'river p'. he was a very cute blonde boy with blue eyes. you made your way over to him.

"hi, i'm y/n and we're partnered up for volunteering" you said, holding your hand out for him to shake.

"i'm river, well y-you probably already knew that... but i'm very excited to do this with you miss y/n" he said with a soft smile on his face.

the month went by fast. you and river got very close, closer than you and your best friend kind of close. everyday after volunteering you both would go to 'the special spot' that river found one day. it's surrounded by trees and flowers with a small opening in the trees to see the stars. you would hangout there until 10pm, then he would walk you home, cracking jokes at each other and enjoying the company.

today was the last day of volunteering, you were sad. you didn't want this to be the last time you saw river, he was honestly the best thing that has happened to you.

even though you both have only known each other for a month, he has opened your eyes and your soul, you even decided to go vegan like he was.

as you and river were talking to some of the cute little kids you were in charge of, the bell rang signalling that the day was over and it was time to go home and enjoy the rest of summer. you and river stood beside each other, waving at the little ones and wishing them a good rest of summer.

after that you both went inside with the others, collected your hours sheet, your backpack and then you were free to go. after you picked your back pack up you noticed river walking to the doors.

"riv! wait!!" you yelled at him as he pushed the doors open and walked out.

he turned around and smiled brightly as you ran into his direction. you wrapped your arms around his neck tightly not wanting to let go of him or lose him. he wrapped his arms around your waist smiling and taking in the moment. you held onto his hands so you could look at him, and you let out all your emotions.

"please don't go, i don't want to lose you. i want to keep hanging out with you. i don't want to forget about you. this past month has been amazing, it's been the best month of my life! your my favourite person on this planet, i can't let you go. i don't want to lose you" you said to him in a desperate tone.

"i feel the exact same way y/n" he said looking into your eyes.

you stopped looking at your messy converse and stared at him. you both smiled and looked at each other in the most adoring way. he started to lean in closer to you, and you did the same thing. in a matter of seconds your lips and his collided. he placed his right hand gently on your cheek, his left on your waist. your right hand was on the side of his neck and your left was on his right shoulder.

you both pulled away, resting your foreheads together and smiled like idiots.

"wow" you both said at the same time.

you both chuckled at each other for a few seconds. he grabbed unto your left hand and you both your way to his car.

your first kiss was better than you imagined it would be, and it was with your favourite person in the world.