T H I R T Y O N E

A long, exhausted sigh escaped your lips as you walked out of the All-Japan volleyball training centre. The cold wind hit your dry, warm cheeks roughly and you pulled your jumper over your freezing nose. After everything that happened today, you almost completely forget how cold it was outside. Atsumu practically begged to walk you home, but luckily for you, his trainer stopped him saying he needed to rest.

Before your thoughts could circle back to his confession you noticed the buzzing of your jacket and pulled out your phone. Your eyes widened in shock when you saw the caller ID and quickly you answered the call.

"You forgot didn't you?" His voice was as tired as usual but it didn't keep you from giggling.

"Maybe... I have a good explanation though." You said in a serious tone Suna immediately caught. His heartbeat quickened when he heard you groan angrily. Something must have happened since the last time the two of you spoke.

"Go on then." He spoke. He covered his worried tone pretty well and you didn't notice it one bit.

"Are you... Are you okay with me telling you something that might take up some mental spaces of yours?" Suna didn't expect you to ask for his permission. You never talk about anything that would need mental space and it only worried him more.

"Sure." You sighed again. You didn't want to talk about the events that took place today but you knew that you could trust Suna and you needed a friend right now.

"You see... How long do we know each other? Three months? It's not that long if you think about it but I never felt I could trust someone as much as I trust you." You chuckled to yourself when your words echoed through your heavy head.

"I never had friends, you know and since the moment I met you and Osamu everything changed. All the gossip about me, all the lies and everyone that I hurt... I never wanted any of it."

"(y/n) whats going on? Are you dying or something?" Suna tried to sound sarcastic but the worried tone didn't vanish.

"Actually, I fell in love." Hearing the words leave your mouth felt strange but right. It felt right to admit the feelings you held towards a person and stop denying them. You didn't know how you would act on them yet but you knew you had to accept your feelings. Even if they make you want to puke.

"Huh?" Suna didn't know what to say. He had a feeling that something like this would happen but he wasn't prepared.

"I think I do."

"You think?! How can you not be sure?" Suna yelled at you.

"I hate to admit it but yeah... I fell in love with someone I should hate. Iconic right? You see... I don't want to hurt you right now because only now I seem to notice the little things you did for me and I have to ask if you have feelings for me. I want you to be my best friend and I want you to want that as well. So if you can't listen to this please tell me."

"I..." What was Suna supposed to say? He wasn't even sure of his feelings towards you. Yes, he noticed that he wanted to be closer to you but what was it?

"I'm not sure, to be honest." Your smile faded as his serious voice spoke through the speaker.

"I do have strong feelings for you and hearing you love someone else makes me sad but... I think I'm okay with it. I never had a girlfriend before and you just crashed into my life like a tornado and maybe that's why I started liking you. You were different than most girls I met before but even I couldn't deny the glances other guys gave you and how insecure I felt. Fuck... This is probably the first time we spoke about our fucking feelings, ey?" A small giggle left your lips when Suna tried to lighten the mood.

"Honestly it's probably going to take a few weeks to stop having feelings for you." Suna never felt like this. He was sad, angry, mad, exhausted but overall relived. It felt good to admit his feelings and talking to you about them while you ripped his heart out.

"I'm sorry." He heard how your voice broke and could only imagine how small tears rolled over your cold cheeks.

"It's alight but... just don't talk to me about it for a little while alright?"

"Alright."

Without another word both of you hung up at the same time. Knowing Suna he would probably stuff his feelings deep down before dealing with them and you?

Well, what do you do now?

Suna didn't hate you and agreed to stay friends which calmed your nerves. You wouldn't know what to do if he had reacted differently.

Atsumu admitted his mistakes and his love for you. Some part in your body still didn't believe the setter and Atsumu knew that he had to win you for him.

You admitted you had feelings for the egoistic bastard and you felt moderately comfortable with them. You didn't trust him completely but something inside of your bones told you to wait and give him a chance to show you that you could trust him.

Your eyes glanced into the black sky as a small snowflake suddenly landed on your face and melted immediately.

"Its that time of the year again." You spoke softly before glanced back into the crowd.

"I'm going to regret this aren't I?" You asked yourself before walking into the crowd of people and disappearing.