T W E N T Y E I G H T

There is something you never understood in your biology class. 

Mutation. 

It didn't make sense to you how genes can freely, independently and spontaneously recombine. Was there indeed nothing in your genetic material who chose what would happen. Are crossing-overs even real? However, the longer you thought about the issue, the more you began to compare your life with genetics. 

It was a coincidence that you and your father moved to Hyogo. It wasn't planned that you would find friends and it wasn't planned that you would have to live next to the person that brings out the worst and best in you. Sometimes you wonder if something is hiding in the shadows while pulling the strings of life. The way of life didn't make sense to you sometimes, especially giving your current situation. 

A deep growl left your lungs when you glanced at the person in line in front of you. You could always recognize this blond hair in any kind of crowd, no matter how much time its been since you last saw it. You (e/c) eyes scanned the lean back of the setter who smirked at the female barista. 

"What on earth is this bitch doing here?" You hushed to yourself and ignored the confused glares from the people surrounding you. 

(y/n) (1:34 pm)
What the fuck is Atsumu doing in Tokyo?

Rin (1:34 pm)
I told he would be in Tokyo. why do u ask? are you with him rn?

(y/n) (1:35 pm)
he is at the front of the line at the same coffee shop as me...

Rin (1:35 pm)
y r u even getting coffee in the middle of the day?

(y/n) (1:35 pm)
cuz I have to shop later tonight with my mom for a ball dress because of u

Rin (1:36 pm)
sorry?

(y/n) (1:37 pm) 
gotta go. don't forget to call me tonight as u promised! 

Rin (1:37 pm)
alright see u later

"Huh? (y/n) what are you doing here?" You tried to ignore the great setter who stared at you with his big golden-brown eyes. 

You handed the perplexed looking female cashier the money for your order while Atsumu glanced down at the top of your head while stirring with a wooden spoon in his freshly made coffee. He noticed your attempt at ignoring his presence, but he knew you had to wait for your coffee, and this was his short time window to make you acknowledge him.

"(y/n)I asked you something." He purred into your ear. 

He wanted to see you blush and looked at him with the sweet anger in your eyes you always held when he made your face heat up, but nothing happened. You didn't even flinch a single inch away when his nose brushed your warm skin. He would have to work much harder to get you to talk to him again. 

"Look (y/n) I'm sorry about what happened." He softy sighed defeated. Atsumu hoped to gain any sort of reaction for you, but again nothing happened. 

"I didn't mean what I said." He scratched the back of his neck before taking a big sip of his coffee. The volleyball training camp tried him more out than he anticipated and meeting you at this moment was the cherry on top of the cake. 

A deep, mocking chuckle made his eyes widened in surprise and glanced back into your face. You still didn't look at the setter, and you tried to hold back the laughter that built up in your lungs. He didn't think that this lame excuse of an apology was enough for what he said back then, did he?