T W E N T Y F I V E

"You look like shit." You rolled your eyes while sitting down next to your grey-haired friend. The volleyball player always had a sort of magical way of stating the obvious and making it sound even worse.

"Thanks." You replied coldly before the cold surface of the desk met your dry skin. Osamu watched your (e/c) eyes close and noticed the deep blue bags under them. Your skin seemed paler than usual and combined with the dark bags you resembled a dead body much.

"So where have you been for the last couple of days?" He asked casually before glancing around the cafeteria. He noticed his brother starring in your direction. His eyes held a glamour of sorrow in them while he studied you weak posture. Osamu knew what happened between the two of you, but he figured that both of you didn't know that. Both of you yelling in the middle of the night woke him up immediately.

"Home." You replied with a heavy voice. You haven't been able to sleep in your room since the night of the fight between Atsumu and you. Sometimes you would sleep on the couch in the living room, but your dad would wake you up right after.

"You missed an exam." Osamu spoke out while starting to play with your (h/c) hair. It wasn't an unusual gesture of his. Playing with your hair, sometimes even braiding it, calmed the tall wing spiker down.

"Don't care." Osamu sighed. He wasn't sure what to do. He didn't want to get involved in his brother's problems, but he also didn't want to see you get hurt. However, our situation confused him. Something about the way yours and his brother's eyes met, told him that the two of you help feelings for each other. He wasn't sure if the feelings were positive or negative, though.

"(y/n)!" Your only same-sex friend cheered when she noticed your body laying on one of the many tables in the cafeteria. She quickly ran over to you and Osamu. Rika hasn't noticed you being away for a few days since she wasn't in the same class as you.

"Are you excited?" She asked with a wide grin while taking the seat opposite you and Osamu. With a confused facial expression, you moved your head and stared into her dark brown eyes. She smiled widely down to you before starting to speak again.

"The upcoming dance ball!" She exclaimed. You and Osamu rolled your eyes, which resulted in her pouting.

"You didn't have dance balls at your old school?" Rika asked before popping her head on the palm in her hands.

"Not really... I went to an academy in the Kanto region. We rather help a festival with markets and stuff like that in winter." You replied, and your thoughts started to drag your memory back. Osamu's body shifted strangely when you mentioned the word academy.

"Fukurodani Academy?" He asked. His voice filled with anger when his thoughts circled the school's volleyball team.

"Yeah? How did you know that?" You asked him, confused. Osamu sighed loudly and glanced back into your (e/c) eyes.

"They have a good volleyball team. We met them last year at the Spring High tournament. Their captain is a crazy son of a bitch." Osamu hissed when he thought about the owl head.

(Meanwhile at Fukurodani Academy)

"Well, I didn't really have any friends at school. The guy on the seat behind me was nice, though." You thought about the black-haired beauty. You wondered what he was up to these days while Rika looked between you and Osamu with a nervous smile on her lips.

"Anyway! Do you have a date already?" Your eyes glanced back at the ash-blond female. Her eyes sparkled with joy when she thought about the upcoming event.

"Do you?" You smirked when you saw the joy in her eyes crash. She rolled her eyes at you with a pout.

"No, but I will. Just you wait! But seriously, what about you?" She chuckled. A strange feeling spread through your stomach when you thought about the ball. Everyone knew it would be a night full of hopes and heartbreak, and you were not in the mood for it.

"Nobody asked me and if no one asks me I won't go." You smirked when your friend rolled her eyes at you.

"If I'm going, you're going with me!" She yelled before taking off. You and Osamu watched her in confusion before both of you crumbled into loud laughter.

"What are you two laughing about?" Suna held a perplexed expression on his restless face when he approached your table. He wanted to ask about your whereabouts for the past few days because you were not in school and didn't answer his messages but seeing you laugh at this moment made him almost forget about it.

"Takashima asked (y/n) about the winter ball." Osamu spoke with amusement in his voice. Suna glanced at you surprised when he took Rika's previous seat.

"What about it?" He asked. The thought of asking you to go with swam in his head for a while now, but he wanted to make it was safe to ask you. He wasn't in the mood to humiliate himself today.

"I just said that no one asks me yet and that I don't mind it. It means that I won't have to go." You smirked at the black-haired middle blocker.

"So you won't go with me if I asked you?"

Your eyes widened in surprise when Suna glanced at you. His face held his usual blank expression and his droopy eyes studied your every move. You were not the only one who was surprised by his sudden question. Osamu looked towards him with a questionable look. He figured that Suna started to like you, but he wondered if he knew what he was getting himself into.

"Sure." You smiled warmly at the great middle blocker. A slight blush climbed across his face when you started to chuckle.

"Osamu you take Rika."

"Why do I have to go now?!" Osamu hit your head when you started to laugh at him. Suna sighed, annoyed and glanced towards his friend.

"If Rika doesn't have a date till one week before the ball, you have to ask her, and I will go with Rin!" You cheered.

Not only didn't you care about their pissed facial expression, but you also didn't notice how Suna grew frustrated. However, he hid it well with the smirk on his handsome face.