T W E N T Y S I X

The buzzing sound of your phone slowly woke you up. Your eyebrows furrowed together while your hand searched for you your vibrating phone. With a loud groan, you pulled it towards your ear before looking at the called ID. Your (e/c) eyes hurt when the bright light hit your iris. 

"What do you want?" You asked, annoyed. A chuckle echoed from the voice on the other line. 

"Good morning to you too." Your mother laughed. You rolled your eyes annoyed. 

"It's not even five am." You whined and turned on your back. You didn't know why your mother called you at this time in the morning, but it made you angry. You were not a morning person, and she knew that. 

"It's been almost two months since I saw you. I want you to come to visit me in your last school week." She spoke with her beautiful voice. You groaned again while pushing yourself up. Your (h/c) hair fell in front of your face. 

"Why not the holidays?" You asked her. 

"Because you have to retake your exam that you missed last week." 

You weren't surprised that your mother knew about it. Your father didn't care about this sort of things in your life as long as your grades were in the right area. However, your mom was the opposite. 

"So you want me to skip school knowing I have to retake an exam? Doesn't sound like you." You mumbled while pushing the blank from your legs. You quietly walked into the kitchen and turned the light on. 

"You can skip two days. We also need to shop for a ball dress." She chuckled. Your eyes widened surprised, but before you could ask her how she knew about the ball, the sound of beeping repeated in your ear. You groaned annoyed before putting the phone down on the cold surface of the kitchen table. Your eyes glanced towards the ticking clock over the fridge. 

"Why on earth are up?" Your fathers voiced called from his bedroom when you heard his heavy footsteps come closer. You chuckled when your eyes met his droopy eyes, and a big yawn escaped his day lips. 

"She called me, saying that I'm going to spend a few days with her before winter break." You replied with a stern facial expression. Your father only nodded tiredly. He thankfully expected the coffee you handed him shortly after. 

"You're not upset or something?" You asked your father. It surprised you that he didn't care about it and the fact that your mother didn't include him in the decision. 

"About what?" 

Your father knew precisely what you hinted at, but he decided to let you think differently. You have been acting strangely lately, and he wanted to know why. He knew that asking you directly was not an option because you were not the type to ask and tell. You were the type who would come around when you figured your problems out. 

"She is pissed that I missed my exam but wants me to skip like two days of school right before my break." 

"It might be good for you y' know? Get out of town for a few days." You glanced at him from the corner of your eye. 

You knew that your father had noticed your changed behaviour and is waiting for you to come to him. But what should you say to him? You are arguing with the boy next door because he is with the girl who bullies you at school? Or should you tell him that one of your best mates invited you to the Winter Ball and you are not sure about your feelings for him? Did Rin just ask you to annoy you, or was he interested in you? All of these confusing emotions bothered you a lot, and naturally, he had got wind of it.

"Maybe your right." You sighed defeated while taking another sip of the hot coffee in your hands. Your father's eyes widened in surprised when you simply agreed to his statement. A small weight lifted off his shoulders when he saw a glimpse of comfort in his daughter's eyes.  

The thought about leaving this place and the people who made you feel an edge every second of the day gave you a sense of relief. You didn't even care about the fact that you would need to spend more than 2 hours with your mother. 

"I guess I'll call your school then." Your father spoke with his dry voice and left the kitchen. 

"Yeah." You whispered and set your empty cup in the sink. A yawn escaped your lips, and with closed eyes, you moved back to the couch and buried your body deep into the blankets. Your eyes automatically closed themselves and the wave of sleepiness you tried to hold back finally caught up with you. 

Rin (6:33 am)
Hey, do you want to hang after school?

Rin (7:48 am)
Where you at? 

Rin (9:55 am)
Hello? Dickhead, you can't skip school every fucking day

Rin (12:44 pm)
k

° ° °

Little Information: I probably have to reduce my updates to one chapter a day. My exams are coming up and I need to focus on my studies a bit more. I hope you all can understand and are not super mad at me.

Stay safe and inside every one!