T W E N T Y T W O

"Thank you for the scarf Rin." You smiled at the tall male. His black, slightly-combed down hair, had few strands sticking out at the top of his head. The bangs which are usually swept to both side of his slightly tanned face fell into his eyes.

"No worries." He spoke with a blank expression on his face. His droopy eyes watched your hand, which slowly brushed over the soft material wrapped around your neck. You were about to loosen the tie when he suddenly stopped you. His lean fingers carefully grabbed yours and tore them from the soft fabric. Your eyes widen in surprise when a tiny blush crawled on his cheeks. 

"Keep it." He whispered and turned away from you. A tiny smile formed itself on your lips and a soft chuckle escaped your lips. 

"Rin?" Osamu asked as he stood behind the two of you in line. His stomach grumbled loudly, and he couldn't wait to stuff his mouth with rice. 

"Is her nickname for me." Suna replied to his friend and rolled his eyes in annoyance. He still wasn't quite sure how to handle it, and it started to drive him crazy. Osamu gave you a confused and kind of disgust looked. 

"You don't like it?" You asked the silver-haired wing spiker surprised. 

"Nah it's just... weird?" He asked and closed his eyes when his stomach grumbled loudly again. You and Suna chuckled while Osamu groaned in pain. You could never understand how he can eat as much as he did. 

The three of you gathered your food and you had to actually calm Osamu down when the poor old lady didn't give him an extra portion of rice. The grumpy tall volleyball player took your bowl without asking for your permission before he eagerly filled his growling stomach. With a small smile, you watched him and didn't notice how his twin brother glanced over you.

Atsumu didn't like watching you from far but he couldn't do anything about it. After he heard and saw how badly you were hurting because of Sakura he wanted nothing more to help you. The blond dyed male went to said person and asked her what she wanted in return for leaving alone. It didn't surprise Atsumu when she said that she wanted him to date her again frankly he would have been suspicious if she said something else. 

His heart told him to go away and not agree to the deal. He wanted to follow his heart but his head made him decide differently. He knew that Sakura would never leave alone and being with her was the only way to make your life easier. After all, it is his fault. He is the one who crushed your chances for a new start and this is the way be will pay for it. 

He recalled to himself that you didn't care who he dated and how much it broke his poor heart. This is the best option for both sides. Right?

° ° ° 

"Sakura I can't believe Atsumu confessed his love for you last night!" A small girl cheered while the blond female next to her chuckled. 

"What can I say? Atsumu and I are perfect for each other." She praised and let her soft body fall deeper into the water. 

You sighed loudly and pressed you knees closer to your bare breast. Hearing Sakura talk about him made your stomach turn and twist in a strange place. You didn't know why your body and mostly your feelings were acting like this. 

Atsumu is your friend and you told him a few times that you didn't care who he would date. Him dating Sakura, someone who took pleasure in hurting you and make your life miserable, didn't feel right to you. After everything he did for you, you couldn't understand why he would go back to her. 

You started to question your life choices since you arrived in Hyogo. Did you trust him too soon too much? Was he truly a friend to you? Was this his plan all along? 

You didn't know and you felt the need to not care. Your thought consumed you brain and everything around you. 

Rika stared at you with sadness in her eyes but you didn't notice. The ash-blond girl laid next to you and studied your tensed face. She didn't know what was troubling you but she guessed it had to do something with Sakura and Atsumu.

"(y/n)?" Rika asked with a soft voice when she noticed how tears started to form in your (e/c) eyes. You glanced up to her and tried to smile but it didn't stop the salty water from escaping your eyes. 

"Why am I crying?" You asked yourself before sinking underwater and getting lost in your uncontrolled thoughts. 

Sorry for the short chapter. This was way more difficult to write than I anticipated. Hope you guys still like it though. Thanks for all the sweet and encouraging comments!

ZoeyMidnight