T W E N T Y F O U R

You knew someday you and Atsumu would fight about your odd feelings for his relationship with Sakura, but you didn't think it would be today.

° ° ° 

"Thanks, Rin." You quietly mumbled while grasping the metal handle of your door. 

The tall middle blocker glanced down to your (e/c) eyes. He could barely see the colours in your iris because of the darkness surrounding your bodies. A cold breeze waved your (h/c) hair into your eyes, and you smiled awkwardly while trying to remove it. 

Suna chucked at your attempted and reached out to your face. His lean and long fingers grabbed your soft hair. Your breath caught between your lips when he softly pushed it behind your ears. A charming smile flashed on his thin lips when he noticed your slight blush. 

"You should get inside. Your skin is ice cold." He whispered, amused. His hot breath hit your freezing skin. 

"Y-Yeah." You stuttered and quickly opened your door. Before you hid behind it, you glanced back at the black-haired male and whispered the last goodbye. You didn't mind Suna being close to you, but something about his touch felt off. His skin didn't cause any heat to form under your skin like Atsumu's touch did, and it irate you. Both of these males are your friends, but why did your connection to Atsumu feel different than Suna? 

You walked into your dark bedroom and turned your lamp on your nightstand on. A tired sigh left your lips when you started to pull off your jacket. You didn't notice how a pair of golden brown eyes watched you. 

The light in the room across yours lighted up suddenly and gained your attention. You glanced over to the light before pulling your jumper over your head. Atsumu waved at you with a warm smile on his lips. You haven't spoken to him since the field tripe to the hot springs which was around two weeks ago. 

You slowly opened your window and leaned on your frame. Atsumu did the same, and his smile didn't fade a single bit. 

"Hey." He spoke softly. His golden-brown eyes glanced over your bare arms and noticed that they were covered in goosebumps. He wanted to offer you his jacket, but before he even parted his lips, you had already grabbed something to cover up. A sigh escaped his lips, and his head fell into his neck. 

"Hi." You replied and glanced towards the handsome setter. The feeling of hearing his voice made something in your stomach start to flutter around in enjoy. With a soft shrug of your shoulders, you tried to get rid of the fantastic feeling in your stomach. 

"Were you out?" His voice pulled you back into reality and made you glance back into his beautiful eyes. 

"Yea... Suna and I went to the new ramen store down the street." Atsumu nodded as a reply and couldn't stop thinking about the sting in his heart. His head made up scenarios in which you and Suna laughed and joked together, and it made him angry and jealous. He wanted to hang out with you, and it drove him crazy seeing you right next to him but knowing he can't be with you. 

"Sounds like fun." He couldn't hide his anger in his voice and you didn't miss a single bit of it. 

"It was." You hissed back at him. You didn't know why you reacted this strongly at his anger. Both of you felt your heartbeats fasten and the tension raised higher. 

"I didn't know you and him were a package deal now." Atsumu chuckled. His easy-going attitude made you roll your eyes in annoyance. 

"Were not. He's a friend who care about keeping his relationship with others alive. Can't say the same thing about you though." It was him now who was pissed. He wanted to scream at your face and press his lips on yours to make you shut up if you tried to argue with him, but he couldn't. 

"Are you saying I don't care about you?" He asked. His voice was dark and the smile left his lips a long time ago. 

"You literally date the person I hate the most!" You yelled at him. Your heartbeat speeded up even more and you could feel the fast beats of your heart in your drum field. Atsumu eyes widened in surprise. 

"You told me you don't care who I date!" He couldn't figure out why you were so mad at him all of the sudden. He did this for you after all! 

"I don't but I thought you had some kind of class!" You screamed back at the male. Your heart stung when your voice left your dry mouth. Why are you getting so upset about his girlfriend? You didn't care! 

"I can't believe this! First, you tell me you hate me, then you ask if we are friends and now we are fighting over the stupid girl I'm seeing? What do you want from me, huh? You know maybe it wasn't a mistake to tell everyone the truth about your mother. I did you a favour, didn't I? Look at yourself. You have true friends and even a boyfriend! All because of poor me! I am the reason you don't feel lonely anymore and you should be thankful for that! Sakura is right about one thing. You are self-centred and you don't even know it. You judge people by their personal qualities but did you ever think about yourself? No! Of course, you didn't! Because you are perfect just like your mother! Oh, wait... That's right! You're not completely perfect for her and you will never be! You wanna know why? She hates you and now I understand why." 

Your eyes widened in shock when the blond male stared at your eyes intensely. His voice echoed through your head and for a few seconds you didn't realize what he just said. You back away for the window. His body was trembling and his eyes turned dark. You never saw him like this and it scared you. You wanted to say something back at him, yell your fear out but your moth kept shut. 

"(y/n)-" Atsumu suddenly spoke. His voice was much softer than before and sadness took over his body. 

"I hate you and I can't believe that I trusted you." You wanted to yell but your voice broke. You shut your window close and pulled the blinds across the transparent surface. With heavy steps, you fell into your cold bed and tried to muffle your cry. The salty liquid entered your mouth while you screamed into a pillow. 

"I hate him so much." You cried into your pillow. This night you didn't sleep and you didn't stop crying. How could you have known that this was only the beginning of sleepless nights and hidden feelings to surface?