T W E N T Y N I N E

! ! ! 

SPOILER ALERT FOR CHAPTER 379

! ! !  

OMG! I was rereading chapter 379, and I only noticed now that Ryu and Kiyoko are married! I can't believe it! Like how the fuck did this guy get her to marry him!?

Anyway, let's get the new chapter going! 

° ° °

"I look like the fricking frosting of a cupcake."

"That's the point of a ball dress! Also, watch your language young lady!" The older woman who helped you with the immense weight of the many layers the puffy dress had laughed a little at your annoyed facial expression.  

You sighed in distress and glanced at your body in the massive mirror in front of you. Your mother made you try on something she would look good in, and it was not what you were going to wear to the winter ball. The long, puffy white dress looked more like a wedding dress than anything else. 

"I don't like it." You spoke and let the older woman help you down from the little stool you had to stand on. 

"Then look around and try to find something you like." Your mother sighed while going through her emails. 

She made you wear a couple of different dresses already, and none of them satisfied her. You changed out of the dress into a new pair of jeans and jumper your mom bought you since your other cloths were soaked with coffee. You walked through the small boutique and let your hands brush of the many dresses in every colour imaginable. You were never the ty of girl who likes shopping. It was too exhausting trying on new clothes and since almost every store had an online shop so you usually just ordered the things you needed online. 

You spotted a simple, (f/c) colour dress in the back of the row you were walking in. You grabbed the soft material and pulled it out to get a closer look at it. 

"Is Miya taking you to the ball?" Your mother asked once you returned to the changing room and hanged the dress onto the wall. You stepped behind the curtain before replying to your mother. 

"No. My friend Rin is taking me." 

"Rin? Suna Rintaro? He is cute as well." You furrowed your brows confused together. You never told her his real name or how he looked. 

"Did you look them up or something?" You asked while you slipped into the dress. 

"Yeah... your friends are pretty famous in the volleyball world. You knew that, didn't you?" She chuckled and kept scrolling through the articles about your friend's volleyball team. Your mother was too focused on display in her hands that she almost didn't notice you stepping out if the changing room. 

"I know that our school is famous for our volleyball club, but I never watched a game." You replied and stepped onto the little stool once again. The dress you chose only held one layer and adapted to the shape of your body. Your mother looked up to you and gasped for air when she saw how beautiful you looked. 

"My, my (y/n)! How beautiful you are!" She raved while squeaking from excitement. You rolled your eyes again and even noticed how the saleswoman agreed with your mother's enthusiasm. 

"I like this one." You chuckled and glanced at your reflected self in the mirror. Never has your body looked this fantastic and by the looks of the woman around you they all agreed with your opinion. 

"Then let's buy it!" You mother cheered, and you chuckled at her excitement. It's been a while since you enjoyed the company of your mother and to be honest, you missed it very much. 

The saleswoman took the dress from your hands and walked over to the register. You and your mother followed her as she started another conversation. 

"Why is Suna taking you?" Her interest in your love life didn't surprise you. You shrugged your shoulders as a reply and her a chuckle from your mother. 

"I'm just asking because it seems that you have your eyes laid on another." Your eyes widened in shock. With parted lips, you glanced at the woman next to you who joyfully studied your reaction. 

"Why do you mean?" You asked with confusion in your tone. 

"Oh, please (y/n)! I saw the way this Miya boy looked at you and how you looked at him! And don't you try to tell me anything different!" She chuckled but didn't notice how your insides broke down. You didn't know how to handle the fact that your mother believed you liked Atsumu. 

"I don't like him! I hate him!" You hushed in a rough tone and gave the saleswoman an awkward smile. The older woman smiled back at you and kept her chaotic thoughts to herself. 

"Have I ever told you how your father and I met?" She suddenly changed the topic and with a mistrusting glanced, you shook your head as a reply. Your father and your mother never talked about their time together before you were born for, well, various kinds of reasons. 

"I met your dad in high schools, and I hated his guts! He was just so arrogant at the time, and every time we crashed into each other, it always ended in a heated fight and later make-out sessions." You regretted not running away at this moment. 

"Anyway, we were high school sweethearts, and I just remember everything so much better since I saw how Miya looked at you with this passion in his eyes. His eyes held so much fear in them like he was scared to lose you and yours! Your (e/c) eyes resembled the ones of a scared deer who was ready to be shoot! I know you don't want to listen to all this right now because I was in your situation 20 years ago. Just take some time and think about your feelings for him and if you decide to like him tell the other one the truth if you don't want to lose him." 

The air in your lungs didn't feel right, and with a long breath, you filled the space again. Your head was full of thoughts, and your heart jumped in your chest. 

Did you like Atsumu? 

Did Suna like you?