S I X

Edited on 21 December 2020.

❤️

When Atsumu told Momo to meet him by the gate at four, she didn't think she would be greeted with the whole volleyball.

"Uh...hello?"

The tall boy stared at her like she was some kind of exotic animal in a zoo. Being surrounded by ten guys who all were taller than she felt more than being in a jungle than a zoo. A few of them greeted her and introduced themselves to her. Akagi, the libero, noticed that she was much taller than the average woman.

"It's probably because I'm part Irish," explained Momo after Akagi asked her.

"Oh," his chocolate brown eyes winded, "that sounds interesting!"

"Thanks," chuckled Momo and let herself fall behind so she was next to Suna.

"That sounds interesting," he mocked in a deep voice when they were out of earshot.

"Oh, shut up," grinned Momo, "so, got any new tea for ya girl?"

"Nothing, but I think something will stir up when they see the two of you competing together."

Momo didn't miss his sarcastic tone and gave her friend a sharp look. She wanted to raise her voice when she has suddenly turned around. Atsumu grinned down at her and pushed her away from Suna, who threw her a provocative look.

"Well, we have to go now! C'mon, let's go, darling!"

Momo threw Atsumu a stern glanced before they stopped in front of the contest's large start sign. Atsumu filled out the application while Momo and Akagi fell into a conversation about Ireland.

"Good luck," smirked Osamu and clapped his brothers' shoulders.

The team decided to stay and watch the beginning of their contest. A girl from class 2-1 stepped in front of them and grinned brightly at the "couple".

"Welcome! Before you start the contest, we will explain the rules. The contest consists of three tasks. First, you have to race to the cafeteria and eat a bowl of spicy noodle soup. If you have a nut allergy, please tell us no."

Neither Atsumu nor Momo was allergic.

"Great! Okay, after the soup, you will run to the sports field. The second task is parkour. Finally, for your last task, run to classroom 2-1. There you will have to find a specific ball in a ball pit. The couple with the fastest time wins."

Momo wasn't too sure about the contest. Something seemed off about the straightforward race.

"To make the contest exciting and a bonding experience (Momo and Atsumu exchanged a glance), you both will be handcuffed to one another."

For a second, Momo thought she didn't understand the girl currently until another girl stepped closer with silver handcuffs in her hands. Atsumu chuckled at your flushed face, and Osamu and Suna erupted in loud laughter. Suna whipped out his phone and pressed the record button while the girl handcuffed Momo's and Atsumu's hands.

"Your first time?" asked Atsumu with a wink.

"Not yours?"

The metal was ice cold and felt very uncomfortable against their skin. Momo tried her best to ignore her quickened heartbeat.

"It's the excitement and the handcuffs," she told herself when her heart hammered against her rib cage.

Atsumu threw a glance down to his wrist. Momo's hands were just inches from his, and her warmth spreading over his skin. Ignoring the pleasing feeling which bloomed beneath his skin, he dragged Momo to the start line.