T W E L V E

Edited on 30 December 2020.

❤️

Momo had to leave the last buttons of her blouse open as the doorbell rang over and over again in the early morning hours. Mr. Takeshita wasn't home as he needed to go to work much earlier today. So, she hurried down the hall and tore her front door open to reveal her next-door twins. Atsumu beamed down at Momo while Osamu looked as he would fall asleep any minute. Momo could feel color spreading over her cheeks when her eyes glanced over Atsumu's soft lips. The burning memories of the steaming kiss blackened her memory. She coughed, tearing her eyes off him, and quickly buttoned the last of her knobs.

"What are you guys doing here?" asked Momo, still glaring at the bottom as if there was something more interesting than in front of her.

"Well, I just want to get you so we can walk to school like usual," yawned Osamu, "when someone decided to come along."

Osamu glared at his brother with a deadly twinkle in his eyes. Momo tried to chuckle to get rid of the awkwardness in her chest, but nothing happened.

"Do you usually run before school, Atsumu?"

"Yeah, but not today. Now, come on! I have class duty and I'm already late!"

Momo gathered her bag and pulled a large jersey over her shoulders before she shut her door and slipped next to Osamu. Atsumu quickly followed her, beaming from above as he strolled to her left side.

"Where's your father? I didn't see him," questioned Atsumu, still grinning.

"At work," replied Momo, her voice low and cold.

"What does he do for work?" Atsumu asked and ignored her repellent attitude.

"He works in finance. Please, don't ask what he does specifically. I don't know," sighed Momo, "what about your parents?"

"Our father is a classic businessman. He's the manager of the department of marketing in his firm."

"Wow! What business does he work for?"

"Toyota," grinned the twins, "and mom used to work as an architect until she had us."

"She hasn't work for 17 years?" asked Momo in disbelief.

"Well, she's a very devoted mother," tried Atsumu to explain, "sometimes she misses it but raising children was more important to her."

A dark chuckle that came deep from Momo's throat escaped her lips. The twins glanced at her with puzzled looks.

"What's funny?" asked Osamu.

"Nothing, nothing," chuckled Momo, "it's just that I wouldn't want to stay home with you two as children! That poor woman!"

The twins let their eyes roll around in their heads and gave Momo a stern look of disapproval. They reached the bus stop and got on the waiting bus. Momo quickly sat beside Osamu, and Atsumu needed to take a seat in the empty row in front of them. He turned his back so he could face them. Momo overlooked the pout on his handsome face.

"I don't think we were that bad," spoke Atsumu.

"Well," said Osamu, thinking hard, "we did break nearly everything at in the house at least once and mom did give us to grandma quite often."

"See, piece of cake!" Atsumu smirked at them. "What about you, Momo? How were you as a child?"

"Well, my mother and dad slit up when I was two and then it was just him. I know he took me to his office quite a lot because we couldn't afford a nanny. I guess I was alright if I could spend multiple hours in an office. But I wouldn't want that."