T W E N T Y O N E

"Everyone! Please try to stay close together! We don't want to lose anyone in the mountains." Your headteacher called out and glanced with a grim facial expression over the big group over students. 

Today was the long hike on the mountain. You didn't particularly enjoy today for serval reasons. 

It was too cold for your taste. Even though it was only mid-October, you felt the temperatures kept falling the more you walked. You wore a pair of black tights, an oversize jumper from your dad and a jacket but it didn't prevent the cold air from freezing your skin. 

Also, you had to hike. You were not part of any sports clubs in school, not outside of it. You didn't mind being physically active and you would run on the weekends with your dad, but hiking was another level. You hated everything about it. The small uneven paths and how you have to climb over a few fallen trees from time to time, but mostly you hated how long it took to reach the top of the mountains. 

"(y/n) I didn't know you hated hiking this much." Rika spoke with an awkward smile on her lips. She walked on your right and glanced in your tensed face. Her eyes flew to your left where Suna walked. He had a bored expression on his face while he took pictures of the mountains and his volleyball mates. 

"It's just taking so long!" You whined and sighed exhaustedly. Rika chuckled at your overdramatic reaction. 

"I agree." Suna called out while he stuffed his phone back into the big pocket of his red tracking suit. Osamu rolled his eyes while he watched him and you. It wasn't unusual for Suna to complain about physical activity, but he wasn't sure if he could listing to another of his friends whine about it. 

"Let's just sneak away." You suggested and crossed your hands behind your neck.

"I wouldn't do that." Osamu replied lazily before pointing to his captain. The smaller male of average height with an athletic build eyed you carefully. His hair light grey with black tips at the ends were blown out of his face by the cold breeze. The third years and he walked behind your group to make sure none of his teammates, especially Atsumu and Osamu, could cause any troubles. The wing spiker didn't meet you officially yet, but he knew that you had secure connections to his underclassman. 

"He is kinda creepy." You whispered to Rika, who quickly glance back at him. 

"(l/n)-san!" He suddenly called out. His monotone voice made shivers go down your spine, and your heartbeat quickened. Nervously you turned on your heels and stared into his dark eyes. Suna and Osamu quickly stopped and eagerly watched their captain approach you.

"Y-Yes Kita-kun?" You stuttered and felt your cheeks heat up in embarrassment. Rika joined the tallboys and smirked with them when she saw your tensed body. 

"If you sneak away I will have to tell a teacher." His blunt statement made you stare at his emotionless face in confusion. 

"I-I mean that as a sarcastic comment. We are way too far in the mountain to sneak away, sir." Suna and Osamu lost it when you called him "sir", and they started to laugh. Your cheeks, still red as fresh tomato, burned while you gave your friends and annoying glare. Kita looked confused at you. 

"What is wrong? Why are they laughing?" He asked you. For a few seconds, you weren't sure if he joked, but his serious face expression suggested otherwise. 

"She is nervous and embarrassed Kita!" A loud voice yelled. Your eyes rolled in annoyance when golden-brown eyes studied you in amusement. 

"Huh? Why?" He asked Atsumu who smirked down at your (h/c) hair. You didn't notice how he watched you from far. You wanted to answer his captain but before you could speak Sakuras head popped on Atsumu shoulder. Her ocean-blue eyes glanced towards you while he red-tinted lips opened. 

"Atsumu-chan! You can't just run off!" She whined with a sugar-sweet voice. Atsumu tore his eyes from yours and smiled at the blond. 

"Ah, sorry about that." Without another word or glance, he walked away with Sakura. The dyed blond small female chuckled when Atsumu said something. Her eyes glowed like the sun hitting the surface fresh ocean-blue water, and your heart missed multiple beats when you watched as they intertwined their hands together. Osamu didn't miss how you mouth fell into a straight line. 

"Let's keep going." Aran spoke and pushed his captain away from you. You sighed and followed your group. 

"You alright?" Rika quietly asked when you reached her side. Osamu and Suna walked behind you, and both volleyball players were interested in your answer. 

"Yeah, I just didn't know they dated." You replied. You shrugged your shoulders and attempted to get rid of the strange feeling in your bones. 

"It's just the cold air." You thought to yourself before crossing your arms over your hurting chest. 

"Did you know they went out?" Suna asked Osamu, who only shook his head. 

It was strange for the grey-haired twin to see his brother with the small female, and he decided not to speak about his thoughts. At this moment, he didn't care why his brother's behaviour hurt you. He promised to be a better person than his brother and decided to speak to you about the matter on another day. 

However, he noticed your shaking hands and how you desperately tried to cover your pale skin to warm your body. He poked in Suna's side and received an annoying glare from the black-haired middle blocker. Osamu rolled his eyes before pointing at his scarf and then back to your sharing body. 

"Oh." Suna spoke quietly as he understood what his friend tried to tell him. Osamu sighed, annoyed, wishing he could be anywhere but here. 

Suna quickly walked right behind you. You noticed his tall body towering over you, and before you asked him for his reason to stand so close behind you, felt a soft fabric around your neck and cheeks. The smell of his cologne hit your nose and your red cheeks heated up again. Suna smirked to himself while he tied the scarf around your neck. The way your (e/c) eyes glowed in embarrassment made his heart flutter. 

"Thanks." You quietly spoke when the middle blocker was done. The warmth of the scarf calmed your shaking body, and you couldn't resist closing your eyes relaxed before starting to walk again. You didn't see how Suna tried to hide a smirk. He wanted to take a photo so severely of your right now, and it was killing him. 

"I'm so screwed." He thought to himself before catching up with Osamu, Rika and you.