1

Taurus POV

I walked into the classroom sluggishly, before sitting at my desk and dropping my head onto the table. Exhausted, I closed my eyes and tried to catch an extra few minutes of sleep. Throughout summer break, I had been going to sleep at 1:00 a.m. or later and waking up around 3:00 p.m., so you could imagine my struggle when school came around again.

"We've only been in school for two minutes and you're already sleeping. That has to be a new record." A familiar sarcastic voice said.

"Shut up and let me sleep, Cap." I groaned. He chuckled as he took the seat next to mine.

"Do you at least want me to wake you when the teacher gets here?" He offered.

"Don't you dare." I grumbled.

Minutes later, the teacher, Ms. Finch came strolling into the room. I didn't bother to lift my head from my desk as she began. The few words she got in were forgotten as the chatter from the students drowned out her voice. It took almost the entire class period to regain the students' attention, and even then it was lost in a matter of seconds.

The chaos of it all had been exactly what I was counting on. Class time was now nap time, and I couldn't be more glad. Capricorn on the other hand took notes on every little thing the teacher said, writing as if his life depended on it. Pft, dork.

The bell rang, serving as an alarm clock for me. Capricorn was shoving his numerous pages of notes that he had somehow accumulated into his bag. Meanwhile I hadn't even unzipped my backpack since the beginning of class. I slung the bag over my shoulder, and stood patiently as Capricorn continued packing away all of his things.

"Tick tock Cappy. We don't have all day now." I teased, making him scowl at me. When he finally finished, we left the classroom and headed to our next classes.

"So, what class do you have next?" He asked me.

"Math I believe. You?" I looked back at him.

"Chemistry." He answered, making me stick out my tongue in disgust.

"It's not that bad." He rolled his eyes.

"Chemistry is about as good as my sleep schedule." He opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by a giant explosion. We both covered our ears. Some of the students were ducking down near the floor.

"What the hell was that?!" I exclaimed. Capricorn looked just as shocked.

"It came from there." He pointed to the end of the hall. We both rushed towards the noise. To our surprise, it wasn't a terrorist, or some school shooter, but a student.

I recognized him. Aries Ember, the one everyone avoided. Everyone in the student body knew about him. He was famous for his major anger issues, so seeing him fighting someone wasn't surprising. But what was surprising was the charred locker door on the floor. The metal was bent and steaming, almost as if someone had thrown a firework at it. But this sort of damage wasn't something a firework could do.

A girl ran up to Aries, who was staring at the burnt metal with wide eyes. She whispered something to his ear, which seemed to snap him out of his daze. The two ran off, just as a teacher ran down the hall. I recognized her as well. Sagittarius Archer. She had been the Student Body President for two years straight now, but the question I had was what was she doing with Aries?

"Taurus!" Capricorn yelled. I flinched and turned to him.

"Huh?"

"I called your name over fifteen times." He crossed his arms.

"Sorry, I spaced out for a second," I apologized sheepishly.

"It's fine. Class is going to start soon... we should go." He said, glancing back at the place Aries and Sagittarius stood just seconds ago.

"Yeah..." I agreed, doing the same.

Walking to class, I couldn't help but feel uneasy. I had a bad feeling. Something was going to happen. And soon.