🌙 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙝 𝙞𝙨 🌙

🌙

Waking up she didn't feel her soulmate next to her. She got dressed and went downstairs to the burning smell coming from the kitchen.

She saw Kol and Rebecca waving towels around the stove with smoke in the air.

"I told you not to put the fire up that high you imbecile!" Klaus yelled.

"It is not my fault I thought it would cook faster!" Kol defended.

"We just put it on!" Rebecca said.

"Who bloody side are you on?!"

"You know Kol, you say 'bloody hell' a lot. Now is that because your British or because your old?" Cordelia spoke up, scaring all of them.

"Darling when did you wake up?" Klaus said at the same time Kol said, "We're the same age."

"Kol please your like 1000."

"But I died at 21, so technically were the same age."

"Stop your whining." Klaus said walking to her.

Cordelia looked all around and saw that there were various Halloween decorations and balloons everywhere. Then saw the burnt eggs with ham on the stove, her favorite breakfast food.

"What were you guys planning?" She asked smiling.

"It was supposed to be a surprise birthday dinner that I was going to bring to you in bed but someone burnt the eggs!" Klaus said glaring at Kol.

"I told you I should have been on toast duty!" Kol said.

"She likes her toast a special way and since you used to be a cook, I figured you'd do a decent job at scrambled eggs!"

"Kol used to be a cook?" Cordelia asked.

"Back in the day, long story. Look I'll make the toast and you can do the eggs okay." Kol said putting his hands up.

"Fine. Bu-"

"Buttered with cinnamon and sugar, not to toasty. I know. You've only said it about a million times."

"God he's about as useful as a knitted condom." Klaus said under his breath, knowing full well they would all hear him.

Cordelia laughed and then hugged him as he went through all this effort. She was surprised he remembered how she liked her toast. Another thing she got from her mother.

"Santa Klaus, it's not my birthday."

"Yes but it's close, tomorrow close." He said.

"Your so sweet for doing this."

"It's not over yet." He said.

He grabbed her shoulders and turned her around. She saw a girl there who looked agitated.

"Who's that?"

"A witch who owes me a favor."

"Translated that means he did one small thing for her a while ago and now Nik thinks she's indebted to him." Rebecca said walking into the room.

"Well yes I -shut up-." He glared to Rebecca. "Molly, you can go now."

The girl who Cordelia now knew as Molly, rolled her eyes and started to wave her hands around.

Cordelia looked around as she saw the decorations start to hang themselves up around the house. Birthday banners, balloons, paper pumpkins, real pumpkins and other various decorations.

Then there was the string of pumpkin lights that put everything over the top.

"Wow." Cordelia said.

"Do you like it?" Kol asked.

"I love it."

"We party today, and I take you out on a romantic adventure tomorrow."

"Out?"

"Yes out. People will be here soon to celebrate so we should get in costume. We're doing Devil and Angel costumes, per your request madam." Klaus said taking her hand upstairs.

"This is really sweet. But maybe we should stay in tomorrow for my birthday. We could just watch a movie, have a family dinner. That'd be nice." Cordelia rubbing her hand.

Klaus immediately felt the nervousness coming from her. He turned around concerned.

"What's wrong love? You love adventures. And Halloween. And your birthday. Why don't you want to go outside?"

"It's stupid." She said going to run her hand again.

Klaus reaches and separated them, interlocking them with his.

"Tell me Cory."

Cordelia sighed and looked down at their joined hands.

"Our lives are bound together now. What if I be my normal clumsy self a little too much one day and something happens, because you'll die to you know." She rambled.

Klaus looked at his love and smiled. "That's what you were nervous about? Love, your not going to get yourself killed because you have me looking over you. If you worry about it, the stress will drive you crazy. And, dying with you wouldn't be such a bad thing would it?"

She smiled at him. "I guess not."

He kissed her on her forehead. "Good. Now come on, me, Kol and Rebecca are the devils, you are the only angel and Elijah didn't want to dress up as anything." Klaus said picking up their costumes.

Cordelia loved that he chose their personalities for their family to dress up as. But there was still one thing bothering her.

"What's wrong love?" He asked.

"It's just so stupid I died two days before my birthday. Halloween is a way cooler day to die on. 'Oh tough that's she's gone.' 'Yeah but she went out on Halloween, and her birthday!' It's no fair."

Klaus laughed at the girl and put her costume in her hands.

"I won't tell anyone if you won't love."

_________________

I forgot it was Saturday my bad. I am literally so obsessed with this book. I find so much joy writing and reading it. Like and comment for suggestions and I hope you enjoyed❤️✨