beach vibez

3,441 likes | comments were disabled thatgirlviolet my boyfriend takes some pretty good photos <3

thatgirlviolet my boyfriend takes some pretty good photos <3

「」「」「」「」

the next day, ian and violet were preparing for the next couple hours. "we should do something today," ian suggests and leans against the counter behind him as he crosses his arms. violet nods and takes a bite of her toast.

"like a date?" she inquired, her mouth full of food. ian nodded and shrugged lightly. the blonde smiled widely and threw away the crust from her toasted bread. "ok, where do you wanna go?" she went toward ian and softly grabbed his hand to play with.

"i don't know... what do you want to do?" the sound of his question reminded violet of a spongebob episode. "want to get lunch or something?" she gasped and shot her eyes up to meet his.

"we can go on picnik," she beamed and lightly squeezed his hand. ian chuckled at her excitement and bobbed his head in agreement. "can we go down to the beach though, i want to see the little squirrels down there."

"yeah. i-i think i have an actual picnik blanket, actually." inside of his garage, ian had a whole set up of plaid blankets for some unknown reason. "i'll be right back." once ian left to the garage, violet began to raid the fridge to find things to make sandwiches for their little date. she was overwhelmingly joyous to go on her first real date with ian. "what're you doing, vi?" ian noticed the girl as she rum aged through his fridge, puzzlement written all over his face.

"i wanna make us sandwiches," she smiled. "we need food, dont we?" shrugging, ian pushes up his glasses and places his plaid blanket down onto the counter by the sink.

"i thought we could grab taco bell on the way, but if you want to actually make our lunch, i won't complain." violet hesitated on joking about what happened last time she went to taco bell with a guy, but decided not to ruin the mood.

"have you talked to the guys recently?" violet questioned once she found the cheese that was stuffed in the back of the fridge.

"uh... well i talked to george the other day," ian says and grabs two slices of bread out from the sack. violet cocked a brow, confused by who george was. "or... joji." her mouth made an O shape as she realized who he was talking about.

"how long has it been since you guys last talked?" thinking for a moment, ian tried to find the answer. they've talked plenty, but it was spaced out among months.

"probably two weeks ago at least." ian slathered the piece of bread with mayo and mustard. "i mean, he's busy." the dip in his voice made it clear that he missed his friend more than he wanted to admit. "uh... but we talked about hanging out soon. max and chad said they're flying out here soon, probably in the next couple weeks. we'll all be together again," he laughed softly.

"well, tell me when that's happening because i don't want to ruin your guys' time. i think it's sweet you're all going to see each other again," she cooed and turned toward ian once she finished building her sandwich.

"what do you mean?" ian acted like what violet said was idiotic and insensitive. "i want him to meet you, vi. you're.... like important to me," he shrugged. violet's already rosy cheeks intensified in color when he said that. "but- uh yeah. probably in a couple weeks though. i wanted us to go down to australia, but because of joji they thought it would be easier to just come down here."

"aw, would've been cool to see australia... i've never been, but i don't have the money anyway. italy stole it all." ian glanced over to his girlfriend and smirked.

"yeah, also, george lives out in new york, but he has to come over to LA for work so, either way it just works out better for him to be here, not australia." violet nodded and bagged their sandwiches. "but, uh... yeah. i sorta want you guys to be acquainted."

"that's sweet of you, ian. but really, i won't be offended if you change your mind." she kissed his cheek and handed him his keys that sat on the kitchen counter. "let's hit the road."

once they arrived at the beach, they found a cleared out space on the sand where they set out their blanket. "i hate the ocean," violet shuddered as she viewed the open sea. "it's so... scary." ian sat onto the ground that was covered worth their blanket and leaned back on his hands.

"shit, i should've brought the coolest cooler." violet laughed at ian and handed him the sandwich he made. the lunchbox she had put them in was filled with ice packs, so they were nice a chilled. the pair talked and enjoyed their food while staring at the children and married couples that swarmed the beach. "what do you think of marriage?" ian cocked a brow and turned toward the blonde girl.

"uhm... well i haven't really thought of it recently." that was an obvious lie. violet thought of what married life would be like all the time, especially now that she adored her partner. "i don't think people should marry just because of 'i'm getting old' or 'my family thinks i should'. that's bullshit." when violet cussed, ian knew she was passionate about something or being silly. "like, my brother for instance, he dates people for the reaction from others and the hope that maybe he'd actually love them. he's a prick to girls."

"interesting..." ian adjusted his glasses and looks back to the open scene.

"yeah, i think proposals are... beautiful. no matter the place, as long as they mean something to each person." she paused for a moment and glanced over to ian. "what do you think of marriage?"

sighing, ian said, "it's horrifying. think about it, you're devoting the rest of your life to someone, and possibly more little people. to be honest, i'm a little scared of it." again, ian used his hand gestures to describe how he felt. "i don't know... personally i'd have to be absolutely certain i want to marry that person because divorce just... sucks dick."

the two agreed on one thing, love was love, and it needed to be true for something so huge. they still had a couple years to figure out their relationship to see how much they could handle.