antiques and fireball

366,089 likes | 13, 644 comments idubbbz Oh hrmm

idubbbz Oh hrmm .... this is... umm awkward @thatgirlviolet

「」「」「」「」

standing in the dull antique shop, violet gazed upon the small trinkets she found so adorable. alicia was no where to be seen for violet so she continued to search the store for something that caught her eye. her phone buzzing drew her attention away, taking her mind off of her friend. gasping, she quickly reacted to the group chat she was freshly put into. throughout her time in america, her new friends have yet to put her into a group chat. she was ecstatic. for what felt like an eternity of chatting, alicia finally came out from the back room, her hair slightly more tangled than before.

"really? you want to go over to some asshole's house?" alicia asked and placed her hand onto her bony hip. violet cocked her brow in curiosity. "he's a racist, a homophobe, and just a straight up asshole." violet really didn't see that side of ian, she really liked him.

"i think you're just overdramatizing him, he's sweet," she says, attempting to get alicia to see him the same way. "are we not going to his house?" sighing, alicia nodded her house.

"we can, we can. i just don't think he's a good match for you, vi." deep down inside, violet knew alicia was only trying to help her, but she didn't want it this time. all she wanted was someone to like her for her, ian seemed to do that. that's one thing she loved about alicia when they first met, she was so open hearted because she knew the struggle of coming fresh off a plane into some unknown land.

aside from the group chat, the bleach blonde went and texted ian so she could get away from the others.

violet - i'm sorry :(

ian - For what
ian - U don't need to be sorry for anything lol

violet - i'm sad bc alicia

ian - Why
ian - She's only stating facts in the chat

violet - it's not about the chat ian
violet - she doesn't want me to hang out with you anymore
violet - she makes me sad :(

ian - Well fuck her
ian - She's supposed to be ur friend Vi
ian - If she's making u feel like shit drop her

violet - but i still love her
violet - i can't just do that

ian - Well idk then

violet - do you think we shouldn't be friends

ian - That's up to you Vi

violet - well i do :(

ian - Really?
ian - U just wanna stop being friends

violet - alicia has always known what's best for me
violet - if she thinks this is good idea
violet - ...

ian - I'm not gonna push you into a friendship you don't want to be in

violet - one last night as true friends :)

ian - Sure ig

ian huffed at his phone as his leg bounced with irritation. right when he was becoming most comfortable with violet, she pushed him away without a second thought. the ordeal didn't sit right with him, why was alicia getting in the way all of a sudden? thinking back, when they were at the coffee shop, alicia seemed so fascinated with the idea of violet and him hanging out. why the hell was she shaking her finger now?

meanwhile, violet and alicia wondered through fred meyer in hopes of finding a low priced pack of soda. "after tonight, i told ian i don't want friendship." alicia turned to violet, raising her eyebrows in surprise. "you always told me good things, alicia. i don't doubt you now." guilt washed over the brunette, but it instantly dissipated.

"well, i'm glad you think i give you good advice, violet. i try." throughout alicia's whole life in america she only wanted to make people care for her. she came from england when she was about 12. during the strenuous walk out from the airport she lost her family, or more like they abandoned her. she was an only child, so it made sense for her family to rid of her, they weren't happy after all. even after numerous attempts of finding her family, she finally did. they took her back in, but they pretended like she didn't even exist. when she met violet it was like she had a chance of doing something her parents never did for her. now that violet's getting mixed up with other people, her ego was shrinking.

parking outside of ian's house, violet felt her social batter drain immensely. "you okay, girl?" alicia questioned, hesitating from opening the door.

"yeah," she replied, her voice sounding more giddy than she actually cared to be. "let's go." violet knocked on the door until a man she's never seen before answered. his eyes trailed her body, but his whole vibe just didn't feel like the flirty type. "hi," she smiled up to the man. "are you max?"

"yeah," he says, his australian accent filling the girls ears. "come on in, ladies." the two girls grinned to max and made there way inside. ian sat on his couch as light music played over a set of speakers. "ian's bein' a little strange, but we'll let him be him." violet gazed upon the scene of an upset ian. it was uncanny for him to be so nonchalant or a part of the group.

"oh." alicia shrugged like she didn't care. violet almost couldn't contain her will to reach out and talk to him, but for alicia's sake, she didn't. "i got some booz as well, so we partyin for realz." focusing on the two people who were the most unenthused, max put two and two together. however, he didn't care too much to fix their relationship. alicia poured only two glasses, excluding violet without meaning it. violet stood for a solid moment and listened as the two conversed before she left to go sit with ian.

"hey," violet sighs, sitting on another cushion away from ian. he looked up to her and nodded. "are you okay?"

"great, grand, wondeful." for a moment, his lip twitched like he was trying not to smile. ian was happy to have violet there, he knew it would be the last time of them talking for a while anyway. "let's get a drink." she followed ian to the counter and watched as he only picked up a soda.

"no alcohol?" violet inquired, pourng herself a glass of whatever it was the others were drinking.

"eh, i don't know." he walked over to the counter and pulled out the only thing of alcohol he had out, fireball. "fireball?"

"ooo, i love fireball." alicia turned to ian with a smirk and raised eyebrows as she fantasized about taking shots of the liquid.

"i'm too much of a dick to let you have any," ian says, pretending to be sorry when he really wasn't. "want some, vi?" the blonde bit the inside of her cheek as she glanced at the other girl across from her.

"sure." there was too much tension in the room for them all to be in there at once. well, ian isn't going to leave his own home for the comfort of others.