fun eral

1,776 likes | 125 comments thatgirlviolet i do be in da plane doe

thatgirlviolet i do be in da plane doe

「」「」「」「」

sighing, ian pulled out his phone and expected a phone call from his italian girl. with her gone he didn't have much to do other than hang out with ethan and his own dogs, which he couldn't complain about. finally, he felt his phone ringing.

"hey vi," he greeted the blonde with a smile. her face lit up the screen but a frown placed itself on her face.

"why aren't you asleep, ian?" she asked as she put her earbuds in. "it's almost one in the morning." ian laughed and sat straight. "i guess it's not that late."

"no. how's your family?" she sat in silence for a moment as she tried to find the right words to say.

"nobody called me," she says with a quiet tone. ian cocked a brow and felt the worry flow through him once he began to suspect what she was hinting at. "corey and i had to get a hotel."

"i don't wanna upset you but... what happened?" a man with black hair walked up behind violet and looked at the screen to see the brunet.

"his house caught of fire." corey says with a nonchalant tone. violet couldn't comprehend how he could be so careless with the information. "forgot to turn the stove off i guess. i'm corey by the way."

"ian," ian introduces himself as his face twisted with puzzlement. "i'm so sorry guys." corey nodded and walked away to take a shower. "that sucks, vi."

"yeah... i feel so guilty too. i haven't been down here since i left for america and... i barely talked to him. i just hope he knows i love him." ian wasn't the best with these types of things, especially when it came to girls, but he tried his best.

"he knew, he did. that type of love is unconditional, he knew that." ian's attempt on being supportive was calming for violet to hear, but it didn't make her feel any less guilty. "do you want me to come there?"

"no, no... it's okay. i'll be fine. we just have to set up his funeral and.... and..." her eyes swelled with tears but stifled them before they could trickle down. "i've got corey, i'll be fine."

"okay, please tell me if you need anything. i'm always here. even when there's a nine hour difference." recently ian has been going through this sweet stage and violet adored it. she couldn't decipher if it were because of his feelings for her, or just ian shifting into someone else.

"of course. i miss you already," she laughed away her sorrow.

"yeah, just put one of my shirts on." the two shared a moment of sorting through ian's shirts that he gave her to take. in the end, she chose a white shirt that read i have never seen a vagina. ian laughed far too hard over violet in the shirt, whereas corey only cringed when he saw it.

snuggling up under her covers, she smelled the shirt in a way of comfort. ian was still on the phone, but the light was turned off so he couldn't exactly tell what she was doing. "goodnight." ian yawned before setting his glasses down onto his nightstand.

"are you hanging up?" violet asked, her voice coated in worry.

"no, not if you don't want me to." they eventually both fell asleep while still facetiming, and to violet, it was nothing but calming to her. she was obsessed with the idea of being around him, when she wasn't, her mind didn't cooperate with her body the way she wanted it to.

「」「」「」「」

around 10 o'clock am that same day, violet arranged a meeting with the funeral home to discuss the occasion. she wasn't enthused about her family treating this as if it were all her responsibility, which it wasn't. perhaps they blamed her for the monstrosity that occurred while she was away. inside of her head, she already went through that idea.

corey sat in the passenger seat of their rental car that he payed for as violet drove for the first time in years. the charcoal haired boy hasn't really expressed his feelings for the death of his father, but deep down, he was sobbing for the only man he ever looked up to. however, violet couldn't tell that his brother had feelings, it were as if he were automaton.

they both entered the funeral home, the distinct scent of their mother's old perfume filling the building, sending chills to cascade down the two siblings spine. an older man came marching down the steps that led to his office, the sheer expression of pain painting his face. "hello, you must be miss cosby," the man spoke in italian to the young woman. she nodded and followed him back up the stairs.

"buongiorn, come va?" corey greeted the rest of the people who gathered in the room. violet had forgotten some words in her native tongue, but she still attempted it through the rest of the meeting.

"so, how did your father die?" a younger man at the table asked, his blond hair blowing from the noisy AC that blew through the building.

"house fire," violet answered rather quickly. corey has taken all the glory of talking, and she wanted to have the option of speaking italian again. "he left the stove on." the blond male nodded and wrote down what she had said.

"since he died.. in a fire... are you considering cremation? or a closed casket?" the man was basically asking if their father was still a pleasure to witness. violet peered over to corey to see him purse his lips.

"cremation," corey sighed, glancing over to violet once she looked away. they went on to discuss the whereabouts of the ceremony and the number of people who will be attending. when they finished, the group of people went down to the rooms that held many cakets.

"oh... i can't chose." violet pit the inside of her lip and ran her finger along the wooden case that was painted white. corey rolled his eyes and pointed to a deep cherry wood casket that was almost too spot on for their father. "oh, it's lovely," violet gushed and admired the wood. the blond man gazed at violet with wonder, thinking of what words she was saying in english. of course they had english speakers, but most of the time they didn't. oh, and if they did, his sister spoke to them.