coffee and sewer water

134 likes | 20 comments thatgirlviolet i am goldfish

thatgirlviolet i am goldfish

「」「」「」「」

somewhere hidden in the many corner streets, and coffee shops along the LA streets, freshly brewed coffee floated through the air, trapping the attention of many. inhaling a whiff of the pungent coffee, violet squinted her eyes and jutted her chin away in some desperate action to get as far as she could from the smell. "what in the bloody hell are you doing, vi?" alicia asked with her english accent. "are you getting high off coffee beans?" violet chuckled, shaking her head no in response.

"i hate the smell of umm... cofffee, maybe if i breathe i will like it better" violet explained, her broken english making alicia frown. alicia stared at the bleach blonde and sighed heavily. "my shift's almost over by the way." she began to untie her apron before a taller man stood in front of the counter. alicia shared a passing glance with violet, jealousy in their eyes for which ever one would reach the counter first. however, before alicia could finish restocking the cups, violet tied her apron back up and urgently walked to the counter. violet offered the brown haired man a smile as she tapped the screen of their ipad. "hi, what can i get you?" behind the man rolled in his friend who was trying his best not to tip over.

"uh, can i get a strawberry smoothie?" the tall one asked, his fingers gripping the end of his long sleeve and pulling them up to show his forearms. the barista's voice reminded him of pewdiepie's wife, marzia.

"of course, what size would you like?" her eyes casted up to the guy, his upper lip twitching slightly as he attempted not to let out a school girl giggle.

"oh, a small." the girl put his order into the system and proceeded to do the same with his friend. "thanks," he says and hands the girl his cash.

"can i get a name?" alicia asked from behind violet. "for your order," she stated and lightly moved violet aside so she could put the man's name into the order system. violet was still learning her way around the job, often times she would clumsily forget important questions.

"ian." the two women went on their merry way to make the other two men their drinks, an overwhelming wave of pleasure washed over the two since it was only them inside and no other coworker to judge their attraction to the tall man.

"ian," violet's soft voice says as she sets down his strawberry smoothie beside the hot coffee alicia made for the other man. the bleach blonde with rosy cheeks hung her apron up and gave her friend a devious smile. "i'll catch up with you later, chicky."

as violet climbed her stone stairs, the awful stench of sewer water filled her nose, the smell almost stinging worse than the coffee she made only an hour ago. "jesus," she sighed, unlocking her front door so she could rid of the dreadful smell. the phone in her back pocket buzzed, a light ding ringing out, echoing on her bare walls.