smiles

1,914 likes | 153 comments thatgirlviolet  can we add some more color?

thatgirlviolet can we add some more color?

「」「」「」「」

ian and violet took a couple shots of fireball and just waited until neither of them could handle the constant bragging or flirting between the other two in the room. "i'm a lightweight ian!" violet gasped, trying to not take another shot even if she really wanted to.

"don't peer pressure her into drinking, ian." alicia makes her way into the conversation and tips her drink toward the man with glasses.

"i'm not." ian stated with question in his voice. max watched the scene that escalated in front of him with narrowed eyes. americans. "what's your problem, alicia? we're all just having a good time."

"no, we're not. once you start doin this type of shit, we not good." alicia sat down her cup on the counter and knitted her eyebrows together.

"get the fuck out," ian says with a grin as he pushed up his glasses. alicia scoffed and focused her attention over to violet. "i'm serious."

"come on, vi. i told you he was an asshole." she dumped the remains of her drink into the sink and grabbed her bag from the couch. violet didn't move, she stayed put in her spot beside ian. "violet?"

"i-i want to stay, alicia." the brunette rolled her eyes at the blonde's response and yanked open the front door.

"vi, you're drunk. come on, you aren't thinking." alicia struggled to get her closest friend out the door and by her side, but violet didn't want that, no matter if she were intoxicated or not.

"i love you still, alicia. i'll call yo-"

"don't worry about doing that, sweetheart." once she left, the group in the kitchen all shared awkward glances.

violet stared at the ceiling with her fingernails digging into the palms of her hands. the anger that manifested inside of her was enough to make someone cry, but she couldn't. "go to sleep," ian demands, turning on his side away from violet. she didn't respond to him, she just kept her focus on the ceiling above her. after all these years with alicia, she left her for someone she's only known for a couple months.

"why aren't you sleeping, vi?" ian turned all the way over to check in on the nonchalant girl who laid beside him. "violet?" sighing, she finally looked him in the eye. "what's wrong?"

"nothing-"

"don't use that 'i'm fine' shtick violet. no-no i know something is bothering you, tell me." violet felt as if she were choking on the smoke that was burning her from the inside out.

"i uh... i'm just... upset about alicia." ian sat up, resting his head on the palm of his hand, and listened when she finally chose to spoke. he brought his glasses back up to his face and concentrated on her emotions.

"i'm trying to think in what crazy world someone shouldn't be... pissed about what she did." something inside of violet felt violated, like she was put on a pedestal in front of anyone she's ever seen. however, ian felt differently. he felt as though violet had every right to be upset and infuriated by her best friend.

"because she feels like i'm dumb, she has... umm... control? control over me. i'm not dumb, ian." throughout the whole time they've been talking, ian never thought she was actually dumb, he only made jokes like normal.

"i know," he reassured her with a genuine answer. ian knew, somehow, violet had such a bright potential. when he finally met alicia outside of the coffee house, he knew why she was so sheltered and innocent.

"now, looking back, she always do this. i get close to someone or guy flirts with me... she tries to make me think they don't like me... or they're bad influence. i don't understand. she made me who i am today, sorta. why does she want to break me?" nothing made sense to her, the idea of her own family being so manipulative was painful.

"she's jealous of you, and i know that's some bullshit answer that your fucking parents tell you... but it's true. she made you who you are, and now she's jealous that you're getting attention for it. it's so fucking stupid." violet sat for a moment and thought about what ian said. no matter how badly she wanted to text alicia right now and apologize, she wouldn't. mostly because she knew her friend wasn't a true friend anymore.

"you're right." sighing, violet closed her eyes slightly.

"you deserve better friends, vi." she glanced up to ian and watched as he ran his fingers through his hair. "and i still might not be the best person for you to hang out with, but i try to be." sitting in silence for a moment, the two just appreciatied each other for the time being.

"what are you, fucking gay?" violet asked, breaking the tension that started to arise. ian smiled widely and took his glasses off again, setting them onto the nightstand.

"yeah, yeah i'm fucking gay."