21.

21.
The Next Target
-•-

"Calypso?"

She blinked, shaking her head slightly as she looked up at her father. "Yes...father?" She asked, hesitating for an unknown reason.

"You weren't paying attention," he said, sounding slightly annoyed.

That one sentence made Calypso feel like she was back in elementary school, with the teacher scolding her for not listening to whatever was being taught and instead daydreaming.

"...sorry father," she replied meekly.

"Forget about it," Atlas said, waving his hand dismissively. "Do you know who we are meeting today?"

"Only if you tell me," she mumbled.

"What was that, Cal?"

"Nothing, father," Calypso said, as politely as she could with a sigh at the end. "Who will we be meeting today?"

"I'm glad you asked that," he continued, a haughty look making its way onto his face. "We shall be meeting Hyperion."

"And that is...?"

Atlas let out an annoyed huff. "Did you forget, Calypso? It is Kronos' brother!"

"Oh yeah..." Calypso's ears went slightly red from embarrassment. "Sorry. I forgot."

Atlas rolled his eyes. "Well, we shall be meeting Hyperion-who should be here anytime soon."

"Anytime soon?" Calypso repeated after her father. "We've already been waiting for thirty minutes already, father."

"He'll be here soon!" Atlas snapped.

"If you say so..."

Hyperion did not come "anytime soon." In fact, he had come even later. It had been more than an hour and a half before Hyperion arrived. With perhaps a less cruel looking face compared to Kronos, he had flaming gold eyes. He stood at a great height with a somewhat trimmed beard.

He stopped at Atlas. "Hello," he said with a gruffly voice. Then he glanced at Calypso. "Your daughter?"

No, it's his grandmother, you fool, Calypso thought.

Was she getting annoyed? Yes. It seemed like all of these "Titans" were absolutely horrible at coming to a place on time. They had no sense of punctuality whatsoever.

"Yes," Atlas replied, putting his hand forward, at Hyperion.

Hyperion shook Atlas' hand with a little smile, which did not seem all too welcoming. He then promptly clasped his hands together.

Atlas cleared his throat as the conversation began to get more awkward.

"Well?" Calypso spoke up for the first time. "Are we going to say anything?" She asked, somewhat impatient.

"Yes, but..." Hyperion began then looked to Atlas, dropping his voice. "Is she going to be there?"

"You do know that I can hear you very well, right?" Calypso sighed as she placed one hand against her hip.