8.

More drama?!
You're welcome 😉

-•-
8.
Eyes Meet
-•-

Annabeth switched off the ignition, removing her hands from her steering wheel as she took a deep breath. Her mother had fixed a date: three months from now, Annabeth would become the new CEO of the prestigious Chase Inc. Until then, Annabeth was to work as a chief architect at her company. And Noah Seville, son of Marc Seville, who owns Seville Cements, was to work along her. Annabeth learned not to take cement business as a joke. When her mom first told her that this was the Sevilles' field of expertise, Annabeth wanted to laugh. She expected something more huge. And grand.

But cement...?

Annabeth soon understood that even cement business isn't something you should laugh at. For making and selling cements, that Seville dude was rich.
He sold the cements to a lot of companies but he was a prime partner of Chase Inc.

Annabeth opened the car door, grabbing her bag, and shut the door behind her. It was slightly chilly as she walked forwards, her hair wavering in the breezy weather. She walked into the small company where she used to work at.
She had informed them that she would be resigning a few days back.

She pushed the door open and walked inside. The familiar chatter of colleagues and workers echoed through the wall. Annabeth walked to the elevators and pressed the 'up' button. The elevator landed with a ting! and a few people walked out. She waited for everyone to exit, and walked inside, along with a man who was clutching a file. Annoying elevator music played, as Annabeth pressed the 10th button, and the man pressed the 4th button.

Soon, that man went out and Annabeth leaned against the back of the elevator as it closed and the stupid music began to play again. After what seemed like an eon, Annabeth finally reached the 10th floor. She got out and walked towards where she usually sat. Almost immediately, she got tightly hugged from the back. Annabeth's instincts sprang up and she turned to judo flip whoever had come when she realized it was Macy.

"Annabeth!" She said, pulling apart. "I heard you're resigning?"

Annabeth nodded. "Yep. Mom wants me to work as a chief architect and the Chase Inc now," she said.

Macy groaned. "You're my only friend here! What am I to do when you're gone?!"

Annabeth snorted. "You'll be fine without me, Macy!"

Macy launched herself and gave another tight hug as Annabeth patiently patted her head, feeling like a mother to a young, whiny child. Macy finally pulled back. "I'll miss you. But don't worry! I promise to come meet you very soon!" She exclaimed with a sniffle.

Annabeth laughed. "Oh we will. It was fun, Macy."

"It was."