27.

27.
Luke Sucks.
⁠—•⁠—

"We need to get going," Percy said, glancing at Piper and Bob.

Piper nodded.

The three of them started to make their way out of Sally's home and were about to get out the door when Sally blocked their way.

"Percy, I have had enough. I need an explanation. What's going on? Everyone I ask always replies that they will tell me later. I am your parent and I have the right to know." She said.

Percy sighed. "I'll tell you later mom."

"No, Percy," Sally said sternly. "Tell me now."

Percy opened his mouth to protest but decided that he should have told her a long time ago anyways. "Okay fine," he said. "You might want to sit down, though."

"So, we don't have much time but basically the Titans are back and they've taken Jason and Annabeth," Percy said quickly, then waited with baited breath for his mom's reaction.

"And you didn't tell me?!" Sally exclaimed, narrowing her eyes on her son. "You know what, I'll find that out later, what do the Titans want?"

"Well uhm... They basically want to get rid of all the Olympians and take over the whole industry, to put it simply."

"Okay, and did you not think I should've known that? I'm technically part of the Olympians too you know."

" Oh. yeah, uh, we didn't...think of that..." Percy muttered, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly.

"Well maybe you should have. Anyways, where are you going now?" Sally asked.

"You know Bob, right? He's a Titan but he wants to help us get Annabeth and Jason back."

"I have plenty of questions for you when you come back, but most importantly, do you have anything to protect yourself with?"

"We don't exactly have weapons, or a solid plan at that," Percy said.

"Well, follow me, I may have a couple of things that could be useful," Sally said with a sigh.

"Mom...why do you have weapons?" Percy asked, raising his eyebrow quizzically.

"Poseidon was an Olympian, remember? They've tried to kidnap me so many times I had to learn how to protect myself. "

"But mom-"

"No more questions."

"Alrighty then, thanks mom we have to get going."

"Be safe, Perce," she said then turned her gaze to Piper. "You too, Piper."

Piper nodded.

"Come back with everyone and we can have a party, with blue cookies and a 7 layer dip" Sally said with a wink, getting up and squeezing Piper's hand.

Piper tried to muster a small smile.