20.

20.
Eavesdropping
-•-

"Kronos..." Annabeth tapped her fingers against the surface of the table. "Who the heck even is he?"

"Apparently my dad's uncle or something, who I didn't even know," Calypso grumbled.

Percy looked as if he was stuck between both the girls, not knowing what to add to the ongoing awkward but we need answers conversation.

"How do you not know that you had relatives?" Annabeth asked Calypso, raising an eyebrow at her.

"I've always grown up with just my dad. He's told me we had no relatives. He told me that my mom died after she gave birth to me and that I was the only one left for him," Calypso replied with a sigh. "I grew up thinking we had no relatives. And even if we did have any, they did not want to see us."

"Well, I-!" Percy began before Calypso raised her hand to shush him, motioning that she still hadn't finished her rant.

"Suddenly, he comes up saying he has brothers, a family, and I don't know how to react!"

Annabeth nodded sadly at Calypso's tiny outburst. "I understand, Calypso. It was like that for me when I came to know about my mom after years..."

Percy began his mouth to say something when Calypso struck up again.

"It's like...how would you feel if you grew up thinking that you had no other family except you father? How would you feel if you realized you could have received their love all this while instead of being alone?" Calypso's eyebrows furrowed as she questioned.

"It sucks, really," Annabeth said, resting her hand on Percy's.

Percy waited until both the girls fell quiet. Then, he placed his fingers on the table and opened his mouth to speak when Annabeth abruptly pulled her hand out of his and began to gush words out in extreme speed.

"I mean, who the heck is Kronos? What else is he planning? Who all are part of the Titans? Who is going to be struck next time?!" She exclaimed, pressing her lips together.

"Exactly! I don't know what's going on. I need to get closer but my dad said he'll introduce me to others later," Calypso informed. "I don't know when, I don't know how!"

Annabeth shook her head. "Honestly..."

Calypso fell into a silence as Annabeth had a look on her face that seemed like she was thinking about something.

Percy didn't even bother to try to speak for he had a gut feeling that he would get interrupted for the third time. He placed his chin on his hand with a grumpy expression.

"Well, Percy?" Annabeth gazed at him. "Anything to add to the conversation?"

Percy shook his head. "Nothing," he replied, slouching even further down his seat.

Annabeth rolled her eyes as if he was not adding anything to their conversation-which he wanted to do, only if they didn't keep popping up and rambling something whenever he wanted to speak.