23.

23.
Hostage
—•—

Annabeth remembered a hazy vision as she laid in the back of the van. Her mind was wandering on a certain black haired person that she knew and loved.

Everything was blurry and she couldn't see anything properly. Her senses were numb as she tried to feebly raise her arm, but her efforts went in vain. She blinked her eyes as the lazy talks hovered around her. She could hear properly but it seemed like her body was trying to stop that from happening and just slump into a deep sleep.

"Now to where?"

She blinked again. With all of her remaining strength, she slightly moved to see who was speaking the words that she had heard. Her mind registered the fact that this person had dark hair.

The voice seemed to belong to Ethan Nakamura was all that she could figure out. Her eyes flitted to the other human beside him.

Luke, she thought in her mind.

Revolted, she closed her eyes, not moving even a little bit and staying quiet.

"You know where. Drive to the lair, where he's there."

Where he's there. Who? her brain fumbled, trying to come up with an answer. Jason...? she thought.

Upon thinking of Jason, she began to wonder about Piper. She felt bad for her friend who would probably be crying.

Then Annabeth thought about Percy. Did he even know about what had happened to her? What was he doing now? Was he wondering about where she was?

Before she could think of an answer to any of those questions, her eyes closed against her will.

Everything went black.

"Percy?"

"Percy?"

"Yeah?" He looked up at his concerned mother, Sally. "What is it, mom?"

"Nothing, it's just...you seem tensed. Is everything okay?" She asked.

"I...everything's fine mom, don't worry."

"Your eyes seem to say otherwise," his mother said. "You can tell me, sweetheart. I'm your mom, I know how you act when you are worried."

"Well..." Percy hesitated.

He didn't want his mother to get tensed up too, therefore he kept his silence.

"Come on."

Percy nodded. "I've told you about everything right?"

Sally hummed, as an affirmation for his question.