25.

And we've hit the 25th chapter, with over 27K+ views and ahhh, that's amazing! Thanks to all of youuuu, and I'm not sure how many chapters are left but let's say there's around...7 or so chapters left.

Alright, that's enough!
On with the storyyy~

—•—
25.
Shit Goes Down
—•—

The return from the police station had been very quiet. Percy dropped Piper at her apartment, then headed to his home.

"What happened?" Sally asked, as soon as he came in.

"We filed a complaint, for both Annabeth and Jason," Percy replied, slumping down the couch, extremely exhausted.

"Did they take it this time?"

"They did."

Sally placed her hand over her son's, in an attempt to comfort him. "Don't worry, Percy, nothing will happen to them!" she reassured him, with an encouraging smile on her face.

Percy nodded.

He had lost count of how many times he had heard the same thing, over and over again, from Piper, Sally, and even Paul, at one point.

Maybe he might never see Annabeth and Jason again, but he decided not to dwell on that depressing thought.

Nothing will happen to them, Percy repeated what his mother had told him in his mind, trying to calm himself down.

Annabeth frowned at Luke, who had just entered the room where she and Jason were being held hostage

Annabeth frowned at Luke, who had just entered the room where she and Jason were being held hostage. "What are you doing here?" she questioned him.

"Do you want food or not?" Luke shot back, raising an eyebrow.

That's when Annabeth noticed the two plates in his hands. "Food?"

"Yes, we may have kidnapped you, but we won't let you starve to death," Luke said with a shrug as he walked towards Annabeth and Jason. "You both are extremely important to us."

"Gee, thanks," Annabeth grumbled. "I was beginning to think that you didn't care about us."

Jason nodded. "Same here," he said, in a serious voice, but she knew that he was struggling to keep a straight face. "It's truly a first world problem."

She allowed herself to show a faint smile.

Luke rolled his eyes. "Go on, make these small jokes to help yourselves feel better, but you won't be the one laughing in the end," he said.

"I suppose you've been taking notes on how to be a better villain," Annabeth taunted him. "Because I can't even tell you how many times I've heard all the bad guys, in movies and books, say that."

Luke let out a sigh of annoyance. "Just be happy you're getting food," he said, placing the plates in front of Annabeth and Jason.

She glanced at the plates, which had four slices of bread in total, two in one plate. "Well aren't we living at the height of luxury" Jason said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.