10.

10.
Flushed Cheeks
-•-

Percy's eyes opened as he stared at his surroundings. Where am I? he thought. Then he realized once more that he was sharing an apartment with Annabeth. Even though it had been around 10 days or so since he moved in, Percy still couldn't comprehend it. So, he's always wake up, wondering where he was and why he wasn't at his home, along with his mom, the twins and Paul.

He grumpily got out of bed and walked into the bathroom. Percy stared at his reflection in the mirror. Tired face, traces of drool, and-of course-the bedhead. He brushed his teeth and then attempted to flatten down his messy black hair. Percy eventually gave up because he knew he couldn't win. Then, he walked out of his room and towards the kitchen. The smell of yummy pancakes wafted into his nose.

"Mmm." Percy smiled and took a deep breath.

He walked inside the kitchen and saw Annabeth flipping a pancake, her hair in a messy bun. She was wearing a grey t-shirt and some black leggings along with an apron with a picture of an owl on it. Somehow, she had sensed Percy's entrance. She turned around and gave him a smile. "Good morning, sleepyhead," Annabeth said, her grey eyes filled with amusement as she turned her attention back to the pancakes.

"Good morning," Percy muttered, still sleepy. He got himself some water and sat down on top of a counter, watching Annabeth make her pancakes. Then he suddenly realized and exclaimed, "Are those blue pancakes?!"

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "No, they are red in color. You Seaweed Brain, what do you think they are?"

Percy was really excited. Again, it was crazy for him to be so excited for blue pancakes but it had been a long time since he'd eaten some.

But, blue pancakes! Who wouldn't be excited for blue pancakes?!

"Gimme some!" Percy said, excitedly. He jumped off the counter and got a plate. He held it out to Annabeth so she could put some pancakes on the plate.

Annabeth laughed and plopped two pancakes. "Wait," she said and walked to the refrigerator. She got out a bottle of whipped cream and sprayed a dollop of it on top of the pancake. "Enjoy," she said, smiling wide.

Percy grinned and began to eat. He swallowed the first bite and looked at Annabeth. "It tastes just like my mom's," he marveled. "But...how?"

"Me and your mom...we got made a deal. Well, mostly, I get all the benefits. She was grateful that you were gonna be sharing the apartment with me so I texted her and asked her if she could send some things to me. One was her blue pancakes recipe, obviously," Annabeth explained.

"And the other things...?"

Annabeth smiled deviously. "Your baby pictures."

The expression on Percy's face after that was utter shock and horror. "Oh, no," he said with disbelief.

"Oh, yes," Annabeth said, stifling laughs.

"And...you saw them?" Percy hesitantly asked.

"No, not yet. I want to see them, sitting next to you," Annabeth replied, still laughing.

"Annabeth, stop!" Percy whined.

"Annabeth won't!" She giddily replied, switching on her phone and tapped on the text with his mom. Then she downloaded the photos.