18.

18.
The Truth
-•-

"Daphne?" Annabeth asked.

"No," Calypso said, rushing in. She shut the door behind her.

"What?" Percy muttered.

"I'm Calypso."

The reactions were immediate. "What?" Annabeth murmured. "Calypso?"

Calypso took a deep breath. "I'm not the Daphne you thought I was. I'm actually Calypso. I've dyed my hair brown and I'm wearing contacts," she blurted out before she could stop herself.

"Is this some kind of a joke?!" Percy exclaimed, nostrils flaring.

"No." Calypso slowly walked towards the couple who were sitting on the bed. "No, it isn't a joke. It's the truth and there's a lot more of it left."

"I-I'm sorry but I...I need some time to let this sink in," Annabeth said, raising her hand as she gazed at her feet. "How...how are you Calypso? And why would you do this? Why would you change your hair color, put on contacts?"

"There is a reason for every single thing I did...I came here to tell all of it to you."

"Not here," Percy said. "We should...talk about this elsewhere."

"Daphne, I mean

"Daphne, I mean..Calypso?" Annabeth began. "What's going on? Do you have anything to do with whatever is going on?"

"Unfortunately...yes," Calypso replied, meekly.

"What do you mean?" Percy asked, with a scrunched up nose and furrowed eyebrows.

Calypso wasn't sure as to who he was asking the question.

"Um...remember when our friends visited? The girls were telling me that if the punch was spiked in a part held for Athena that only close friends and colleagues..." Annabeth explained.

Calypso glanced at the couple then shifted her gaze to her nervous hands.

"So, um, it would mean that only someone who had joined recently could have done this...and then only one I was aware of was Daphne, I mean, Calypso," the blonde finished.

Percy looked at Calypso. "Well...? Anything to add?" He asked her.

Calypso took a deep breath. "Yes. A lot, actually."

"Then say it!" Percy exclaimed, slightly agitated as Annabeth placed her hand over his, giving it a squeeze in an effort to calm him down.

Calypso sighed. "Yes, I joined as Daphne to your company. Why? My dad told me to do so. I wasn't really sure why back at that time. He told me it was for our good, he told me that I had to do it. I didn't know why but I did it. They told me I had to change my hair color, wear contacts, so I did it. Because they told me to."