Now

"Thank you for the food!"

"Thanks for the food."

"Thank you for the food."

The three of them sat around the dinner table, Yoshiko right across of Kuramochi with Haruichi sitting next to her. In the middle is a big bowl of instant ramen.

Being used to the noisy atmosphere in the canteen back in Seidou, Kuramochi couldn't help but open up a conversation.

"So does Otouto-kun here plays baseball as well?"

"Yeah," Yoshiko looked down at Haruichi, encouraging him to continue. As if saying, Hey, that's your senpai in the future. Better get used to talking to him now.

"Y-yes. I'm a second baseman."

"Ah is that so?" Kuramochi gulped down his drink, "I'm a shortstop, by the way."

"I've been told..." Haruichi let's the end of his sentence off in a weird way, Kuramochi wanted to ask but stopped once he saw the look Yoshiko was giving him.

Let him speak himself.

"Does Mocchi-san know Aniki?" Kuramochi felt his pride being taken away as he hears Haruichi refer to him as 'Mocchi'. Damn you Yoshiko.

"Depends. Who's your Aniki, kid?"

Haruichi pouted and Kuramochi laughed. He really reminded him of Ryousuke and Yoshiko. They're definitely siblings.

"Kominato Ryousuke! How can you not know him!"

"Ahh~ Ryo-san? You should've said so."

Haruichi glared at him from under his bangs and Kuramochi raised his hands in defense, chuckling.

"Yeah. I know him. One of the best hitters in first string."

Hearing that, Haruichi's eyes lit up as he leaned in closer. Kuramochi raised an eyebrow.

"Really!?"

"Really."

"And you're working with him?"

Kuramochi snickered, "Hey. You're looking at the best shortstop in West Tokyo right here. I'm not the delinquent you think I am."

"Ah—but Aniki's super cool when he's putting pressure at the pitcher, right?"

Kuramochi was taken aback, he glanced at Yoshiko who seemed to be enjoying the show.

"Haruichi really looks up to Aniki."

"I look up to Aneki too."

"But Aniki more," she retorted, finishing her last piece of noodle.

"Ah, heard you also played baseball in middle school, Yoshiko-chan."

The dining table got quiet a little, Haruichi looked down on his lap when Yoshiko seemed to be ignoring him.

"Yoshiko-chan?"

"Huh?" Yoshiko looked up.

"Baseball?" You didn't hear that..?

"Of course I played baseball!" Yoshiko rolled her eyes, feeling like punching Kuramochi. "I'm this good at strategies from real life experience you know!"

After finishing their meal, Yoshiko and Kuramochi went to wash and dry the dishes.

"Haruichi, get the bicycle, kay? I'm going to shop for today's dinner. Can you get me there?"

Haruichi nodded, setting off to the garage as Yoshiko looked up at Kuramochi, making sure that Haruichi is already out of ear shot.

"You heard that right?"

"Heard what?"

"My conversation. With Haruichi. Regarding him going to Seidou."

Kuramochi went quiet. He's observant, but Yoshiko seemed to be more observant.

"Sorry to admit, but yeah."

"Yosh," Yoshiko placed the last plate on the drier. "Make sure to tell Aniki what you heard. In full detail."

"Huh?" Kuramochi turned to lean on the kitchen counter, staring at her with a tilt of his head. "Why?"

Yoshiko rolled her eyes at him, pushing up his glasses. "To scare him, of course!" She said in a duh tone. "He's not going to improve if he isn't haunted by the fact that Haruichi is coming after him."

"Hehhh, Otouto-kun is that good?"

Yoshiko nodded. "You wouldn't want him on the other team."

"Fine, I'll tell him. I'll also tell him that Yoshiko-chan introduced me as her boyfriend to Otouto-kun."

Yoshiko paused, "You wouldn't dare."

"Oh? But I would."

She raised an opened palm in the air, "I'll hit you."

"Do it, then."