It should've been you

It was after the baptism ceremony for the twins. Both Emily and Alison has chosen Spencer and Toby to be the Godparents of Lily and Grace since they were closest to them. Toby couldn't help but stare at Spencer shyly the entire time. She was looking so beautiful. She wore a elegant and beautiful black dress that stopped right above the knees that showed off her long mile legs. She was wearing shiny black heels. Her hair was wavy and she wasn't wearing much makeup which showed off her natural features. His heart always skips a beat when she smiles. He loves everything about. Too bad he was stupid to let her go 3 years ago. He would have been actually happy. Not saying Yvonne didn't make him happy, she did. She just wasn't Spencer. He wished things were different. Rather than marrying her, he could've broken up with her and end up with Spencer but of course, nothing goes as planned.

He waited outside for Spencer to come down. He wanted to tell her he is ready to be with her. He wants to be with her. He needs her. He loves her.

He saw Hanna and Caleb walked hand in hand as they walked down the stairs together. Toby shook his head in disgust ever since he found out how he, well they treated Spencer.

"Hey Toby" Caleb smiled

He nods his head and continues to face forward

He hear Caleb sigh before before talking 

"Dude, come on we are best friends-

" Were best friends, I'm still not over how both of you treated Spencer. She didn't deserve to be treated or cheated on like that" I said sternly.

Caleb shakes his  head and Hanna kept her mouth shut and walked away.

Tobys POV

"Hey" I heard a voice behind me. He turned and looked up and smiled.

It was Spencer coming down the stairs.

"Hey beautiful" I greets

"Still flirting with me huh Cavanaugh?' she giggles

"You busy tomorrow?" I asked. I'm hoping she will say yes because I want to begin a life with her again. I want to be with her

She clears her throat before looking down

"Yeah, I'm actually moving back to D.C"

My heart sank. No. We were supposed to start something. I was going to tell you that I still love you. I always have loved you. I never stopped.

" I actually thought you would stay now that A.D, Charlotte is gone for good" I said

"Well there's nothing holding me back, and it's not like I have someone here to be with" She shrugged

"What about us?" I said gently grabbing her small hand into mine

"What do you mean, what about us?" she asked in disbelief

"US. Spencer. I want to be with you" I shouted

She firmly takes her hand away from mine

"Toby there is no us remember. You made that perfectly clear last year that you didn't want me around" she walking away from the church and towards the parking lot. I quickly followed behind her. I will not lose her again

"That's because I thought you were trying to sabotage my relationship with Yvonne"

She took a dead stop in her tracks and turned around facing me

"You think I'm that horrible person? You think I came back to Rosewood to damage a relationship that's none of my business, or I didn't care about. If I wanted to sabotage your relationship, I would've kissed you that day you announced you were leaving. I was the one who told you to keep her safe and to leave town. Thanks for making me feel like such a floozy."