Smile [Horuss]

He was late, once again. 
I checked my phone to see no messages or calls. My date just made an idiot out of me and I, being the exact idiot, have been sitting here for the past half an hour believing, that my date will appear. 
After leaving a few bucks on the table for the drink I ordered, I stood up and walked out of the fancy restaurant. To my luck, it was raining awfully. I felt the strong urge to cry stab me in the back, but I tried to hold back the feeling of betrayal. I didn't want anyone to feel sorry for me, there are worse things happening than me being tricked by another guy. 
Taking a deep breath, I forced myself to stand under the rain and slowly made my way home. Before I could get away from that accursed restaurant, the raindrops disappeared. I looked up only to notice something black. As I turned around I realized it was an umbrella being held by a male. I remembered it was one of the waiters working in the restaurant. He had dark hair put into a manbun and shiny dark-blue eyes. He also had horns, by which I knew the guy was a troll. Trolls are known for being ugly and basically unattractive, but this guy was really handsome.

"Can I help you?" I broke the silence and shifted my eyes away from his.

"I know something is bothering you."

"Well, yeah, but I don't want you to be involved in problems of a total stranger." I shrugged my shoulders and sighed. I was tired, my brain has gave up thirty minutes ago and all I wanted to do right now was to go home, eat something and cry myself to sleep while hugging my dog.

"May I ask you to wait? I want to brighten up your day." he caught me by surprise, but how could I say no to such a cute smile? I nodded and he handed me the umbrella and disappeared in the fancy and expensive building.
I stood there thinking about what happened: A waiter, from the restaurant I've spent half an hour in, came after me and told me that he knows I'm not feeling well and that he wants to make up my day.
Even though he was really sweet, he was still a total stranger, so why did I agreed to this? I don't know, I could care less, my day couldn't be worse than it already was. Right?
When the guy returned, he took the umbrella and offered to take me home. All I could do was nod.

"So, would you mind if I asked what brought such a gloomy expression to your face?" he asked out of nowhere. I doubted about telling him, but shrugged it off eventually. He's a waiter, he knows a lot of secrets or he must have heard a lot of complains.

"I was supposed to meet a date. We had to meet at eight, but as you could guess, he didn't show."

"A ditched date, there's a lot more of those than you would expect." he chuckled, "Is the male even worth the gloom you're feeling?" he looked at me and we exchanged a look, then I looked back at the ground in thought.

"I-.. I'm not sure. He' s not, I guess? I just feel like an idiot, you know? I trusted him, he told me he would be there for hundred percent." I could feel the enlarging lump in my throat.

"You seem like a strong woman, I know you'll get through this in no time." he was speaking in such a polite manner it was almost unpleasant.

"I'm (Y/N)." I told him and tried to easy the atmosphere between us.

He looked at me with a small smile: "I'm Horuss." I returned it and we continued on our way in silence.

It was getting darker and colder, and my drenched dress didn't help a bit. I rubbed my arms in order too make myself warmer, and it did help, just a little bit though.

"Hold this." Horuss handed me the umbrella and I took it with a puzzled look on my face. The puzzled look changed into a blushing one as he threw his jacket over my shoulders. It was warm and smelled with leather and fresh musk.

"Thank you.." I said silently, avoiding any eye contact. He didn't say anything as we continued. It was silent between the two of us, but it wasn't awkward. It was a calming silence in which time passed quicker than it seemed.

"We're here." I sighed as we stopped at the front door of the apartment house I lived in.

"Thank you for the walk." I gave him a genuine smile, to which he nodded.

"It was nothing, really. I'm glad you're not feeling so sad anymore."

"Oh and the jacket-" I wanted to take it off, but he stopped me by putting a hand on my shoulder.

"No need for it. You can keep it." he reassured me and I gave in.

"Can I hug you?" the sentence flew out of my mouth before I could think about it.

"Sure," he answered and I hugged him, I needed the hug, "don't let anyone take the smile off your face. It would be a shame if such a pretty face wouldn't have a smile on it." he pulled away and squeezed my shoulder. I was smiling, and it felt good, knowing that a total stranger made me. I was glad there was a person that cared about how I was feeling.

"It was nice meeting you."

"It was my pleasure." he gave me another smile and left.

Since that evening, he started to appear in front of the door to my apartment with flowers, chocolates or anything that somehow made me smile. Horuss was such a lovable person that I couldn't stop thinking about him.
I loved Horuss because he knew I needed someone like him in my life.