Bloody Break-Up [Karkat]

This chapter may contain self-harm or swearing. If you're sensitive to this content, skip this chapter or read it with caution.

I was walking down the street, crying. I never thought that he would done this! He said he'll never do that. But he did and now he will regret it.

"(Y/N)! Wait! Please!" I heard him shout at me. More tears filled my eyes and I started to walk faster.

"NO! Wait! I didn't mean to do it!" I heard him right behind me. I turned around and he bumped into me.

"Please darling." he tried to hug me but I pulled him away.

"No! Don't touch me!" I half-yelled.

"Why? I said I was sorry!"

"Why? WHY?! You fuckin' hit me! That's why!" I screamed at him, tears streaming down my face.

"But I didn't mean! It was.... just..." I saw tears in his eyes.

"I don't want to see you again, Karkat. It's over... I hate you!" I turned around and walked away leaving him there alone and confused.

•••

It's now a one week after our break up with Karkat. I have to admit, I miss him. Maybe he's unfriendly, maybe he's explosive and bad. But I still love him. Oh my God. I was so stupid. Why did I say it's over? I stopped with what I was doing for a while. Do I even hate him? I asked myself over and over again, while looking at the red blood driping on the white floor in the bathroom. Yes... He hit me... He even made me a promise he will not do that. But he did. I sighed frustrated and pull on my hair locks. Was I angry? Was I sad? I don't know! I growled and made some new bloody lines in my skin with a razor. This was my only way away from this rotten world. It's full of idiots and whores! And Trolls! It helped me lose my mental pain into physical. The blood was streaming down my arm and on the floor. I felt tears fill my eyes again. I'm still shocked about what Karkat did to me. He wasn't like that, so why did he do that? He's always angry, but when I ask him what's wrong he'd always say. But, now he hit me. One tear drop landed on my hand and then, mixed with blood, it fell on the floor. Everyday in this week was the same. Wake up, go to school, come home, start crying about how stupid I was, then make some fresh cuts on my hand and then cry myself into sleeping. I promised myself that I will never start cut myself for a break up with my boyfriend. And today I decided to be more stronger than before. I inhaled deeply and stood up on my shaky legs. I can't do it. I'm too weak... I fell back to my knees crying and sobbing. I hid my face in my hands a sobbed uncontrollably. I need him. I need my Karkitty now! When I was always sad, he was here for me. He helped me. He cared about me. Maybe he truly didn't mean that hit. I wipe off my tears and stood up again, now fully committed to get back my ex-boyfriend. I threw the razor away and walked out of the bathroom taking some sweatshirt with myself. I put on my sneakers and run out of my house heading to Karkat's. The run took me a while but I was there. I inhaled rapidly and made my way to his front door. I knocked on it and after a while it was opened by no one else than Karkat. I was too weak and tired that I almost fell on the ground.

"(Y/N)?! What are you doing here?!" he asked suprised.

"I love you Karkat." I said between breaths. I looked in his face and saw his eyes were red and puffy. Wait,... Karkat was crying? I was interupted by him hugging me. After a while I snaked my hand around his neck. But suddenly I felt a bit dizzy and more tired than before. My legs resign and I almost fell down.

"You okay? You look strange." Karkat said and picked me up like his wife. I wish I once was...

"Yeah... Just a little tired." I tried to smile. He didn't say anything and brought me on the couch.

"Wait, what is that?" he pointed to my arm. I looked at where he pointed and saw that my sleeve was red from blood. Stupid me! I brought a white sweatshirt with myself! And I didn't bandage my arm! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

"(Y/N)... What were you doing?" he asked with an angry tone.

"Uh... Nothing..." I said quietly and hid my arm even if I knew that would help totally nothing.

"Why did you do that?" he asked sharply. Why was he even mad? I'm the one who should be mad! I was scared again. Will he hit me again? As soon as he saw fear in my eyes he softened. He sighed and out-stretched his hand in front of me. I moved my shaky hand into his slowly and gulped. He rolled softly and carefully my sleeve up trying not to hurt me. When he saw my whole arm he blanched and looked sadly at me.

"Why?" I looked down and pulled back my hand rolling down the sleeve. He sigh-growled and sat beside me. I looked in the opposite direction than he was. I don't wanted to look at him. He's mad at me. And he will hit me again. Those bitches called tears filled my eyes again. No, don't cry in front of him. Fuck... I thought when some tears started running down my face. No no no..... I tried to stop them but it made it just worse. I felt arms snake around my waist and then heard a quiet sobbing. My tears stopped and looked at Karkat.

"Don't do it to yourself. You're too beautiful for that." he said and kissed my neck. I felt something wet drop on my shirt. I looked at it. It was a tear, a red tear. Then I looked at Karkat again. He was crying. I hugged him.

"I'm so sorry for everything that I did to you.." he mumbled into my neck. My grip around his waist tightened. I can't be mad at someone who I love, "I'm already ready if you wouldn't come back to me and I-"

"I forgive you." I interuppted him and whispered. He suddenly pulled away and kissed me.

"Flushed for you.." he said when we pulled away, our tears still streaming down on our faces.

"I'm flushed for you too," I smiled and a little bit more of tears started to run down my face. He kissed them away.

We're together again. That was the most painful week in my life. And I hope it was the last painful week in my life.