Friend? [Neko!Dave]

"Ooh Daaaave~" I sang as I closed the front door behind me.

"Whaaaat??" he screamed.

"I've got something for youuuu~" the truth was that I bought catnip. As I came to the kitchen where Dave was I saw him drinking milk. Like... What the fuck?! Dave drinking milk? He's a hybrid with a cat, so maybe that's why. I smiled and hugged him from behind. I felt his fluffy tail snake around my waist. I giggled and tried to pull away but his tail was still around my waist.

"Dave, let me go,"

"Nope~" he purred.

"Daveeeyyy~"

"Nu,"

"I have a surprise for you!"

"What is it?" he turned his head a bit to me and his ear twitched.

"I won't tell you till you let me go," I smiled sweetly even though I knew he didn't see it.

"Then I rather don't want to know." he turned his head back.

"Aw, it's good to know that you don't care." I sniffled as if I was crying and hugged him around his waist.

"I do care, look at me, I'm horny for that thing. But it's better to have you close, I missed you." he spun around, picked me up and soon I found myself sitting on the counter. And that happened in few seconds.

"Well, I missed you too! But I think this thing is worth for waiting." I giggled and kissed his nose. A slight smile appeared on his face and he nuzzled his face into my neck as his hands traveled around my bare thighs. Since it was hot outside as fuck and everybody was grilling their ass's, I was wearing shorts. He smacked my thigh making me flinch and he pulled away.

"Then go get it princess," he smiled giving my cheek a peck and I slid down the counter walking out of the kitchen.

"Now that's a sweet ass~" he purred. I looked back at him and gave him a death glare. He grinned showing his sharp pair of cat fangs and I, hiding my butt with my hands, what wasn't a slight bit effective, walked away. I took the box from the chest of drawers in the hallway and then walked back. As soon as I entered the kitchen Dave's ears perked up and he turned his head towards me.

"What is in the box?" he asked his pupils widing a little bit and I giggled for myself showing him with my finger to come closer. He made some big steps towards me until we were chest-to-chest. He looked at the box his tail swishing restlessly. 

"I feel something good," 

"You do?" I teased him. 

"Open it, please, open it, (Y/N)!" his ears twitched and his pupils gone really wide. I giggled and started backing into the living room. He followed me. I flopped myself on the couch and he layed down with his head in my lap. 

"(Y/N)," a whine escaped his mouth. I giggled and opened the box revealing a pack of catnip leaves. He purred loudly and took it from me sniffing it. It was like watching someone smoking joint, but a lot more funny. 

"Mew... Mew, mew." I bit my tongue trying not to burst out laughing. I made a snorting sound making Dave look at me. His expression was cute and creepy at the same time. His pupils were wide and his iris was barely visible. I patted his head and he nuzzled into my touch. I smiled for myself. Even though we were always like this, cuddling and stuff, we were just friends. Which I found pretty pity. I liked Dave, he was maybe the only person I was really close to. Sometimes I even felt like I was falling in love with him. However, I knew he didn't feel the same to me, he just wanted to stay in the friendzone, as he once said. I was thinking and tangling my fingers into his hair. He was purring like a little kitten and nuzzled into my stomach. 

"I love you," he said. I stood silent and froze. No, no, he couldn't mean it seriously. 

"I really do..." maybe he was just light-headed because of the catnip. 

"I know you may not feel the same to me, but I've been hiding this for too long. I need to let it go." he hugged me around my waist. 

"I love you (Y/N) (L/N) and I will forever, not matter what." he smiled slightly and... fell asleep.