46

TW: MENTION OF RAPE ⚠️⚠️
Also thanks to babyboomikey for the idea! Follow her twitter @clifford_stars!!

Ashtons PoV
I felt so guilty. I knew that I would make both of them upset. I can't have her be in the position my friend was in a year back. I remember her always being reclusive and quiet after dating her abusive boyfriend, Kade. Her name was Rubie. I'm still friends with her but she's split from Kade. All I remember clearly is she was raped twice by him and being used as a punching bag, physically and emotionally. I couldn't even imagine what Rubie went through.
I don't want ivy to go through the same thing. I know Mikey would never lay a hand on her but he could slip up. Anything could happen.

~time skip~
IVYS POV
I felt me head get clouded with thoughts. I herd Ashton and Calum talking about something.
"Cal the reason I said what I said was because.."

"Go on." Luke said sharply

Ash stayed silent.

"Dude, both of them are in their bunks upset at you. Just spit it out." Calum mumbled impatiently.

"Well I had a- well have a friend called Rubie, she was 17 at the time and she had a boyfriend called Kade. Kade was 20, he was a drunk, drug addict and he was abusive. The relationship lasted over 2 years and after what happened, she was so broken. I-I just don't want Ivy to go through the same."

"Mikey isn't gonna hurt her ash." Calum assured.

"But one slip up could make Ivy see us differently. If Mikey hurts her at all, she isn't gonna live with us because he lives with us."
He sounds like he's trying not to cry.

"I know what you are saying. I'm a little scared too." Luke sympathised

"I love her. I really really do ash." Michael spoke up, sounding groggy.

"I know you do Mikey. I-I just- I want to be a dad to her. I want her to be safe. I just don't want our image as a band to sink." Ashton said.

"Ash. Come on." Luke said sounding pissed.

"Think about it luke! She's 14, Mikey's 18. That gets out, we're fucked." Ashton spat out.

"Look ash, I'm happy not being with her in that way but I don't know how she'd feel. I love her, I really fucking do but I do know that we will be absolutely screwed so I'm fine with it."

Seriously! He chose to split! God I guess I'm gonna need to cooperate.

"I'll see if she's awake." Luke muttered.

I quickly shut my eyes and pretended to be asleep as the bunk curtain opened.

"Ivs babe."

"Huh? What?" I fake yawned, stretching up.

"We need to ask you something, come on."

Here goes nothing I guess

I hopped out of my bunk and plopped onto a seat waiting for them to speak. A pit formed in my stomach, growing bigger and bigger.

"So ivy. We need you and Mikey to split." Ashton said sharply.

He just outright said it? No lead up at all?

"Ok and why exactly?" I questioned playing dumb.

"We've all agreed that it's better for us and you. If anything were to happen between you and Mikey, the band might well you know. And we care about your safety too." Ashton answered.

I just sighed and nodded my head slowly.

"Fine I guess." I shrugged.

Luke looked at me seeing right through the facade to my heart. I felt so empty but yet, I didn't mind.

"Ok well you can do whatever you want now." Ashton said signalling me to go elsewhere.

I sighed feeling doubt and guilt fill me head.
Did I really want to do this?

"No, you know what? I herd what you said Ashton. He won't hurt me. He would never pay a single hand on me. I don't care what the press says. I don't fucking care. I'm not going to break up with someone who understands me, who makes me laugh, who makes me happy, who assures me everything's ok. I'm not doing it ashton. No fucking way."

Everyone stared at me in shock and confusion. Michael looked at me in a look that was unreadable. Ashton looked at me angrily.

"You do not talk to me like that young lady!" Ashtons voice boomed.

"What are you gonna do?!" I yelled back.

"I'll ask the driver to turn this very bus around and leave you at home!"

"Go ahead!"

"Guys!" Luke interjected.

"Luke! Stay out of this!" Ashton shouted.

"Stop yelling at him! He did nothing wrong!" I spat back

"Ivy Irwin! You don't talk to your father like that!" Ashton yelled, standing right in front of me.

"You aren't my fucking father, Ashton." I said coldly.

The room fell silent. No sound was herd.

"Ivy-that" Calum struggled for words.

I looked up at Ashton and found his angry expression faded to sadness, tears filling his eyes.

"Ivy- I-I think we should um- go back there." Michael suggested pushing me to the back room.

I looked at the ground feeling the guilt swallow me whole. We walked to the back room and I sat down, hearing michael sigh and look at me.

"I-I swear I didn't mean it. I didn't mean it. I-I promise." I said, shakily, feeling tears fall down my face.

Michael stayed silent but walked over to me, I felt his arms wrap around me, I tensed up but he held me closer.

"I know baby. I know. Let out your sadness and anger. Don't keep it in." He muttered as he rested his chin on my head.

I cried into his chest as much as I could, Michael rubbing my back.

"Baby please calm down. I'm here ok? Just breathe." Michael whispered.

I started feeling more worn out by the second. I shut my eyes and calmed down a bit more.

"H-he's going to hurt me, I-isn't he?" I stuttered out.

"No he won't baby. No one is gonna hurt you. No one."

"I'm a fucking monster." I mumbled.

"No you aren't. I still love you, so fucking much. Please never say that." Michael said planting a kiss on my head.

"Don't let me become him."

"Who?"

"Craig"

"Never baby girl. Never will I let you turn into him."

Ok, Lemmy explain. I've been absent from here for a bit but online school has kicked my ass  and my mental space has been crowded, so the prompts and other stuff might be slowly updated.

Lots of ❤️- Chloe X