43

Michael PoV

"Ashton hasn't come down." Luke said putting the plates at the sink side.

"She's probably scared. She just lashed out and she didn't even mean to. She's just ugh I don't know." Calum said playing with his tank top.

"Michael, you haven't talked since she came back, are you ok?" Luke said sitting next to me.

I gave a weak nod and shuffled away from him,
Truth was, I wasn't ok. She's acting up and she's depressed. I just know it. I've been exhausted and out of it all week. She ran away. Ashton hurt her and she hurt him.
She's not the same.

"Michael." Luke said more sternly.

"I-I'm fine."

"Bullshit," Calum muttered.

I kept my gaze at the floor.

"Michael, just please tell us what's wrong." Luke sighed shuffling next to me.

"It's nothing." I said more sternly

"Mich-"

"I said it's nothing!" I shouted making them just look at me.

"Just please let it go, I'm fine." I said, standing up.

"I'll check on them." Luke mumbled.

He walked away leaving me and Calum in the kitchen.

"Michael, just please tell me." Calum begged as I got soda out of the fridge.

"It's nothing." I said bitterly, heading upstairs.

"Her and Ashton are slee- Michael? Where are you going?" Luke asked as I went into her room.

"To sleep."  Said not making eye contact.

Luke came into the room with me.

"Mike,  I know you're worried and I can assure you, we all are. Just give her space ok? She's ok now." Luke said as I slumped onto our now shared bed.

"She's just closer to everyone else but me, why?" I asked finally looking at him.

"She's trying time loosen up mate. She's got your trust but she needs ours. She's just trying to prove herself to Ashton and gain his trust. And shes trying to get me and Calums as well. She's absolutely bonkers over you, all she has to do and all you have to do is prove that you two are worthy enough to be boyfriend and girlfriend." Luke said softly.

I sighed and nuzzled into a pillow getting more comfy.

"I guess. But she just acts so much different now. She's so much more aware and cautious, like she's depressed or hurt. She thought Ashton was her dad like her abusive dad." I said feeling more empty as I said the end part.

"I know, it's just her. She's trying to fight it again and again but she's stuck. She can't get a certified therapist or councillor until we've had her for over 6 months. As long as we are all here for her, she'll get better, slowly but surly. Ok?" He said as I sighed.

"Thanks Luke." I said mumbled into a pillow.

"No problem. I'll give you a shout when we're leaving for her lip ring ok? You don't have to come." He said softly.

He shut the door over and I sighed.
I felt my eyes droop until a small light knock came from the door. I got up and opened it to see Ivy.
Her expression was peaceful and undisturbed.

"Hey, beautiful." She said quietly

"Hey sweets." I said tiredly.

"Can I come in?" She asked quietly again.